The Lectrosonics SMQV Super Miniature Wireless Microphone Transmitter incorporates Lectrosonics patented Digital Hybrid Wireless technology, in a package no bigger than a pager. The SMQV transmitter is miniature in size yet rugged enough to withstand rigorous daily use in the field or in studios.
To meet the demand for both extended operating range and extended battery life, the SMQV transmitters offer selectable output power of 100 or 250 mW. A third selection at 50 mW is provided for some theatrical applications, where the system design specifies lower transmitter power. The SMQV transmitter offers 256 user-selectable UHF frequencies. The Switchcraft TA5M audio input has user-calibrated 44 dB gain range, and accepts electret lavaliere mics, dynamic mics, or line level signals. A DSP-controlled analog audio limiter is employed before the A-D converter. The limiter has a range of more than 30 dB and a dual-release envelope, making the limiter transparent while maintaining low distortion.
Lectrosonics patented Digital Hybrid technology revolutionizes wireless microphone transmission. Digital audio signal is converted and encoded for analog transmission, then decoded and converted back to digital audio at the receiver. The result is an exceptionally low noise floor as the compandor circuit is eliminated and clear audio reception is retained at greater distances.
The non-corrosive, machined aluminum casing is splash proof and features an LCD display with membrane switch control panel. The transmitter is powered by two AA lithium, NiMH or alkaline batteries for up to 14.5 hours (lithium). The SMQV transmitter is completely compatible with all Lectrosonics Digital Hybrid wireless receivers, as well as older Lectrosonics analog receivers.
- Variable, Selectable Output Power
- The SMQV features selectable 50, 100, 250 mW output power.
- Miniature Design
- The miniature design allows for a variety of mounting possibilities in film, video, theater, performances, etc.
- Digital Hybrid Wireless Architecture
- Lectrosonics incorporates digital and analog audio technology to enhance range and eliminate the noise associated with compandor circuits.
- Locking TA5-Male Connection
- A locking TA5M input is compatible with Lectrosonics and third-party microphones and cables. The input accepts line and microphone level signal.
- Backwards Compatibility
- The SMQV transmitter is completely compatible with all current Lectrosonics Digital Hybrid receivers and older Lectrosonics analog receiver models as well.
- Splash-Proof Enclosure
- The polished aluminum enclosure is moisture proof and ideal for use in rain.
- Extended Battery Life
- The SMQV transmitter is powered by two AA alkaline, NiMH or lithium rechargeable batteries. With Lithium power, the unit is capable of up to 14.5 hours of use.