The AMP2-E8-MDA-3G 8-Channel Dolby Audio Monitor from Wohler Technologies is an in-rack audio monitor capable of outputting and displaying encoded, multi-channel (up to 8 channels) audio from Dolby E or Dolby Digital streams, de-embedded from either 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, or SD-SDI. The ability to switch seamlessly between encoded or discretely embedded sources, in addition to providing full, simultaneous demuxed output of the multichannel source, this audio monitor offers enhanced operational capability in a single monitor unit. This monitor features 3 audiophile-quality drivers, 3 power amplifiers, 2 speakers and amplifiers that reproduce midrange and high frequency information in stereo, while a third amplifier / driver combination handles summed LF information below the 500 Hz crossover point.
The sleek design provides optimally focused sound for operators in an ultra near field environment 1 to 3' (0.3 to 0.9m) and offers performance comparable to that of many separate monitor pairs without installation hassles and awkward speaker placements. This enables a higher SPL for the operator while reducing overall ambient sound and adjacent bay crosstalk. Extended HF response reveals potential problems with audio whine or hiss, and electronic, rather than acoustic, cancellation of bass frequencies provides positive audible detection of reversed polarity audio feeds. This audio monitor is designed for high quality, multi-channel, digital, and analog audio monitoring in a compact unit. It is suitable for VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, teleconferencing installations, multimedia systems, satellite links, cable TV facilities, and on-air radio studios.
- Powerful 104 dB SPL at 2' (0.6m)
- Premium quality drivers and power amplifiers
- Excellent frequency response and low distortion
- Audible indicators for phase/polarity problems
- Headphone jack (mutes speakers)
- Phase correlation display of selected channels
- Eight 53-segment tri-color LED bar graphs display simultaneous VU and PPM
- Thorough magnetic shielding for placement next to sensitive equipment and video monitors
- Front panel summing of any combination of up to 8 channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analog outputs
- Select the channel or channel pair that you want in the left, right, or both speakers, or select a predefined downmix.
- 4 presets let you change the entire system configuration with the press of a single button.
- Separate brightness adjustments for left and right level meters.
- Decodes, monitors, and plays decoded Dolby E or Dolby Digital bitstreams.
- Display phase indication with the press of a single button.
- LCD screen displays signal type, 3G/HD/SD-SDI group, Dolby program and more.