The CEntrance, Inc. DACport LX Line Level USB D/A Converter is a USB bus powered digital to analog converter capable of stereo 24-bit/96kHz playback. It features a portable, three-ounce cigar shaped body and provides line level analog output for use with an external headphone amplifier for playing audio from your computer.
Designed for highly accurate D/A conversion, the DACport LX employs Adaptive USB transfers, which allow your computer to act as the digital clock source instead of the DACport LX itself. The jitter, or irregularity in data transfer from your computer, is managed by CEntrance's proprietary JitterGuard clock management system. It assures the samples are clocked correctly before hitting the D/A convertor, resulting in an accurate sound conversion.
The DACport LX houses a class-compliant internal USB chip that allows it to be recognized by Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems without the need to install drivers.
- D/A converter plays 24-bit/96 kHz HD music with bit-perfect accuracy
- No drivers needed; plug and play operation with most laptops, nettops and music servers
- CEntrance's AdaptiWave High Resolution USB audio technology offers true 24-bit / 96kHz audio quality, eliminating any re-sampling artifacts in the OS
- For 16-bit soundcards, Windows may downgrade 24-bit audio files to 16-bits, adding noise. DACport is a 24-bit device, ensuring that Windows sends it audio with no changes, "bit-for-bit," at all supported sample rates
- RoHS, FCC and CE-compliant