The DACmini PX DAC, Headphone, and Power Amplifier from CEntrance, Inc. is a digital to audio converter capable of conversions up to 24-bit and 192kHz. It is comprised of three components: a digital to audio converter, a Class A headphone amplifier, and a Class D power amplifier. It can drive up to 600Ω headphones and has a 50-watt speaker output for playback of digital audio from your computer or from external analog sources.
Created with a USB chip that provides class-compliance, the DACmini PX works with a variety of computer audio systems such as Mac OSX, Windows, and Linux without the need for drivers. It has a USB input capable of playback of digital audio up to 24-bit/96kHz. The unit also features a S/PDIF input for sample rates up to 192kHz. The inclusion of stereo RCA line inputs allows you to connect external analog audio sources such as the audio output of a DVD player or TV, a CD player, or an MP3 player.
The DACmini PX features a physical design that is optimized to eliminate common electrical interference such as ground hum and RF. A grounded volume knob, isolated analog and digital signal paths, a transformer isolated power supply and an RF blocking aluminum enclosure all reduce electrical noise, resulting in accurate audio conversion.
- Audio signal path with full galvanic isolation prevents RF interference by avoiding ground loops. By suspending the DAC chip and RCA jacks, physical connection between the digital and analog circuitry is prevented, resulting in quiet audio performance
- Digital signal path with JitterGuard Technology for accurate conversion
- Split-ground design, transformer-isolated power supply is located on its own individual 4-layer PCB, which is grounded and shielded inside the unit to avoid interfering with the audio circuitry
- Tongue-and-groove, RF-blocking aluminum enclosure acts as an EMC shield and to block outside RF interference
- Shielded cavity for source selection circuitry
- Smart source selection and power switch will not break the USB connection when you navigate away from USB, which prevents having to physically reconnect to your computer
- Heavyweight, aluminum volume knob is grounded to avoid any buzzing when touched
- Drop-protection pot guard rail and EMC barrier protects the potentiometers in case the unit is dropped
- Internal anti-vibration chassis stabilizer and EMC barrier limits vibrations which result in microphonics and distortion