The Avenview Quad Screen Video Processor with IR Remote Control outputs up to four video sources onto one screen simultaneously in various split-screen layouts. You get to choose the layouts and other preferences via included software, and once you've set your preferences, you can use an included remote control to perform many of the software's functions, such as switching between layouts. To create a more expansive setup, you can cascade four processors together by connecting one to another by RS-485 and controlling all four as one by RS-232. In such a setup, you'll be able to output 16 sources in a 16-split layout.
The processor features four DVI and four S-Video inputs and comes with four sets of adapters and breakout cables that you can connect VGA, Component, and Composite sources with. The DVI inputs support HDMI, so you can additionally also get a DVI to HDMI adapter and connect HDMI sources. Whether directly into the eight DVI and S-Video inputs or via adapters and breakout cables, you can have eight sources connected at all times, but you can only output four of them at a time. The four are selectable in the software and can be mixed and matched -- two DVI and two S-Video sources, for example. For output, the processor has one DVI and one VGA output, and they can function as dual outputs. Moreover, via an included VGA to VGA/DVI breakout cable, the VGA output can be used to output to two displays at the same time, and each display will show the same 4-way split. The DVI output, like the DVI input, also supports HDMI via a converter cable and can connect to an HDMI monitor via one.
An embedded scaler on each input board (meaning for each DVI and S-Video set) upscales, if necessary, the resolution of its input source to up to 1920 x 1200 progressive or interlaced to match the native resolution of the display being output to. The scaler functions automatically but is also manually adjustable via the software.
The included adapters and cables are: four DVI to VGA and four VGA to Component adapters; four DVI to DVI/VGA and four S-Video to S-Video/Composite breakout cables; and one RS-232 to USB adapter. A rack mounting kit and a power supply are also included.
- Accepts video sources by S-Video, DVI, VGA, Component, and Composite directly or by included cables
- Outputs up to four sources to one display in various split-screen layouts
- The DVI inputs support HDMI 1.2 via optional converter cables
- Supports resolutions from 640 x 480 to 1920 x 1200, progressive or interlaced
- HDCP 1.1 compliant
- Dual outputs (DVI / VGA)
- Selectable video background
- Titles, borders and colored backgrounds
- Resize, position, zoom, pan and blend output video
- Dynamic transition for video sizing and positioning
- Image parameters and layouts automatically save to flash memory for later recall
- Several image parameters and layouts can be saved to computers and for later use
- Adjustable video parameters: brightness, contrast, color temperature, etc.
- Manual selectable output scaling up to 1920 x 1200
- RS-232/RS-485 control over Cat5 and IR remote control
- Can be cascaded by RS-485 with three more units to produce a 16-way split
- Control protocol available for customer proprietary design
- 1 RU