David Busch's Sony Alpha SLT-A77 Guide to Digital Photography (1st Edition) from Cengage will teach you all the features, functions and controls of one of Sony's most innovative 24.3 megapixel camera, featuring GPS, 12 frames-per-second, blazing-fast auto focus, a full high-definition movie making mode, and a pioneering transparent mirror that allows light to pass to the sensor at all times. Introductory chapters will help you get comfortable with the basics of your camera before you dive right into exploring creative ways to apply file formats, resolution, and exposure. Beautiful, full-color images illustrate where the essential buttons and dials are, so you'll quickly learn how to use the SLT-A77, and use it like a pro.
- Includes the Sony Alpha SLT-A77 Roadmap, a complete, concise guide to the camera's features and controls.
- Covers advanced shooting techniques with the Alpha SLT-A77, including HDTV movie-making.
- Includes a troubleshooting guide.
- You Will Learn
- How to select the best autofocus mode, shutter speed, f/stop, and flash capability to take great pictures under any conditions.
- Troubleshooting and prevention tips to keep your camera and media operating smoothly.
- The basics of good photography as you master your camera's operation.
- About the Author
- David D. Busch is the world's #1 selling digital camera guide author and the originator of popular digital photography series like David Busch's Pro Secrets and David Busch's Quick Snap Guides. He has written more than a dozen hugely successful guidebooks for Sony and Sony Digital models, as well as many popular books devoted to dSLRs, including Mastering Digital Photography, Second Edition, and Digital Pro Secrets. He's operated his own commercial studio, suffocated in formal dress while shooting weddings-for-hire, and shot sports for a daily newspaper and upstate New York college. His photos and articles have appeared in Popular Photography & Imaging, The Rangefinder, The Professional Photographer, and hundreds of other publications. He has also reviewed dozens of digital cameras for CNet and Computer Shopper, and his advice has been featured in National Public Radio's "All Tech Considered."
- Table of Contents
1. Quick Tour: Shooting Your First Sony SLT-A77 Picture
2. The Sony SLT-A77 Roadmap
3. Setting Up Your Sony SLT-A77
4. Shooting Basics
5. Photography with your Sony SLT-A77
6. Advanced Shooting and Movie Making
7. Working with Lenses
8. Working with Light
9. Downloading and Editing
10. Troubleshooting Your Sony SLT-A77