The Sony DWM-01 / C31 Digital Wireless Handheld Mic Condenser incorporates an innovative, uni-directional (supercardioid) condenser capsule, and is suited for vocal applications. The microphone's frequency response is 60 to 20 kHz with a maximum input level of 151 dBSPL. The DWM-01 / C31 condenser provides a choice of 1, 10 or 50 mW RF output depending on your application. It operates for approximately 5 hours using 2 AA size alkaline batteries at 10 mW output power. The transmitter's functions include input attenuator, RF frequency selection, RF power output, audio LCF frequency and a power sleep mode that can be remotely controlled from the digital wireless receiver. The condenser microphone is suitable for delicate and rich expression in any frequency range.
- High-Quality Sound with Sony's Consolidated Technologies
- Sony's adoption of the WiDIF HP codec allows the audio signal to remain digital throughout, even after the analog to digital audio conversion takes place in the transmitter's head amplifier. In addition, with its robust body, the microphone realizes excellent sound quality and has characteristics that minimize acoustic feedback, making it ideal on stage in loud sound environments.
- Wide RF Carrier Frequency Range
- The DWM-01 covers a wide RF carrier frequency range. This device can cover a 60 MHz bandwidth; this remarkably wide coverage on a single model offers cost efficiency and operational convenience, because it allows one microphone to be operated in many different environments.
- Selectable RF Output Power
- The transmitter provides a choice of RF output powers. The 1 and 10 mW output selections are suitable for multi-channel operation such as theater and studio productions, while 50 mW output is intended for long-distance transmissions such as sports and news coverage.
- Beautiful and Practical Design
Created for professional use, this beautifully designed yet practical microphone can be deployed up-front on center stage or used every day as a hardworking, heavy-duty unit.
Head: Combines smart design with high-quality sound by packing Sony's technical acoustic design knowledge into a head so compact that it will not overwhelm an artist's face or detract from their performance.
Grip: The monocoque structure of the duralumin body enables a lightweight yet rugged design. User comfort is ensured with a single-handed grip by optimizing precise shape and weight balance.
Antenna: The distinct design of the built-in helical antenna supports both RF stability and visual appeal.
Holder: An original shock-mount mechanism improves sound quality by preventing unwanted vibration, and users prefer this holder to a rigid clamp because they find it easy to insert and eject the microphone from it.
- Color Rings for Identification
- Nine colors of replaceable rings are supplied with each microphone, to simplify microphone identification over distances by using color coding. (Black ring is standard.)
- Malfunction-Resistant Mechanism
- The operational switches are hidden in the body to prevent mis-operation. By opening the grip, the switches can be revealed which also provides access to the battery compartment for battery replacement.
- OLED Menu Display
- Since the display is bright and has a high level of visibility, menu settings can be easily seen in any type of lighting environment.
- Long Battery Life
- Five continuous hours of operation are achieved with 2 of Sony LR6 AA-size alkaline batteries (sold separately) at 10 mW output.