The Sound Blimp for the Canon 5D Mark III Digital Camera from AquaTech is one of the most useful accessories a photographer can purchase. When shooting in "quiet" venues such as courtrooms, sound stages, or theaters, this tool can help you get shots that would ordinarily not be obtainable. If where you are is a "No Noise" photographic setting - buy a blimp. And, for the outdoor photographer who wants dynamic shots of undisturbed wildlife, a blimp is the way to go.
Made from a durable polyurethane material and complemented by stainless steel controls as well as hard-anodized aluminum and high-strength plastic, a sound blimp will also gain you the respect of the people you're working with since they will appreciate how you've gone the extra mile to be silent in their domain.
Using a blimp is easy. You're camera fits inside the sound proof housing and is connected to an optional lens port that accommodates the focal length of the particular lens you're using. The unit also features a built-in 1/4-20 and 3/8 tripod mount, quick-release clip with safety latch and a two-stage shutter release.
Note! The Aquatech sound blimp is not to be used in the water; requires lens port
- Sound blimps have been shown to decrease camera shutter noise by more than 90%
- The housing itself is sound proof due to the sound dampening foam used in the construction
- Features a tripod mount - both 3/8 and 1/4-20 threads
- Works in conjunction with an interchangeable lens port system
- Sound Blimp Lens Tube Reference Chart