Cengage Complete Digital Photography, Sixth Edition, by Ben Long, provides you with an informative and practical guide to photography in the 21st century. Cameras are more complicated these days than in the days of film and photomats. Long takes you through every step of the process from shooting to post-production so you can finally free your memories from their digital prison. With an easy-to-understand style, the author starts with the basic fundamentals of photography, like composition and exposure. He also provides insight on the right equipment for your shooting needs. When it comes to post-production, the sixth edition features new material about Photoshop CS5, Camera RAW, Micro Four Thirds cameras, and post-production. Tutorials and exercises can be found throughout the book to help you practice what you read about.
- Covers everything you need to know about digital photography, from shooting to post-production, to printing.
- Includes detailed tutorials with accompanying media.
- Teaches the artistry of photography, as well as the techniques.
- Written by an experienced photographer and author who has lectured on the subject worldwide.
- New to This Edition
- This edition has been updated for Photoshop CS6, includes an entirely new section on flash photography, and features expanded composition lessons.
- Table of Contents
1. Eyes, Brains, Lights, and Images
2. Getting to Know Your Camera
3. Camera Anatomy
4. Image Transfer
5. Image Sensors
6. Exposure Basics
7. Program Mode
8. Advanced Exposure
9. Finding and Composing a Photo
11. Raw Shooting
12. Special Shooting
14. Editing Workflow and First Steps
15. Correcting Tone
16. Correcting Color
17. Image Editing in Raw
19. Black and White Conversion
20. Layers, Retouching, and Special Effects
21. Panoramic Stitching and HDR Merging
- About the Author
- Ben Long is a San Francisco-based photographer and writer. The author of over a dozen books on digital photography and digital video, he has been a longtime contributor or contributing editor to many magazines including MacWeek, MacUser, Macworld UK, and others. He is a Senior Contributing Editor for Macworld magazine, and a Senior Editor at CreativePro. His photography clients include 20th Century Fox, Blue Note Records, Global Business Network, the San Francisco Jazz Festival, the Pickle Family Circus, and Grammy-nominated jazz musicians Don Byron and Dafnis Prieto. He has taught and lectured on photography around the world.