The LomoKinoScope Movie Viewer from Lomography is a device for viewing your LomoKino movies once they have been captured using the LomoKino Movie Maker or LomoKino Smartphone Holder, and then developed. It allows you to watch your movie without having to scan or edit using a computer. Offering a purely analogue experience, the LomoKinoScope works like a mini projector - Hold it towards a light source and look into the eyepiece, then simply wind the crank to watch the frames of your movie whizz by in quick succession.
The LomoKinoScope allows you to watch your developed LomoKino movies in the most analogue way possible. Firstly, to watch your LomoKino movies you'll have to ensure that your film remains un-cut from the developer. This is because the LomoKinoScope needs the entire roll of film in order to load. But if you do cut your negatives, don't worry, you can always scan and edit them using software on your computer.
Another important thing to bear in mind when using the LomoKinoScope is that it works best when loaded with color slide film developed regularly in E6 chemicals. This is because during film development you'll get 'positives' rather than 'negatives' back from the lab, and when you view positive film through the LomoKinoScope all of the colors will appear as they should - rather than being inverted as with negatives. Regardless, loading the LomoKinoScope with a negative strip is a great way of 'previewing' your movie before you scan and edit it on your computer.
Digitize your LomoKino movies with ease by purchasing the LomoKino Smartphone Holder (sold separately) in order to record analog films and share them with friends. It allows you to record cinematic works with your smartphone by simply attaching the LomoKino Smart Phone Holder to your LomoKinoscope, connecting it to your smart phone, and recording as you turn the crank. With this device, you can bridge the gap between your love for analog and this new digital world.
Note: If you notice something unusual when viewing, stop immediately, take out the film and load it again following the above procedure. This will ensure that your film isn't accidentally damaged.
- Compatible with the LomoKino Movie Maker and LomoKino Smartphone Holder
- Load your movie rolls into the film containers, put them in the LomoKinoScope, rotate the viewing crank and watch your LomoKino movie
- It is best to shoot using Color Slide film and to develop it regularly using E-6 chemicals
- If you shoot with slide film and cross-process it, or shoot using Color Negative or Black and White film, you'll get negatives back from the lab with the colors will be inverted when viewed through the LomoKinoScope
- Ask your photo lab not to cut the negatives you send for developing because the LomoKinoScope requires the full roll of film for you to watch your movies