The black Telephoto Lens Cover for the Sony 500mm f/4 G Lens from LensCoat is a 100% closed-cell neoprene coat that protects the lens from bumps and scratches. It is ideal for nature, outdoor photographers, sports shooters and photojournalists. It also provides a thermal barrier, protecting your hands from cold lenses in lower temperatures. The cover is waterproof, providing protection in inclement weather.
The cover contains a clear plastic window through which you can access the auto focus and distance scale. There's also a handy orientation hole that aligns with the red dot on the lens for easy mounting even with the cover installed. This version comes in a matte all-black finish to better blend in where desirable. Or, it can be used just for its protection value.
- 100% waterproof close-cell neoprene lens cover
- Protects the lens from bumps and scratches
- Easy to install and remove, leaving no residue on the lens
- Clear plastic windows over the auto focus and focus limiter controls, and the distance scale
- Small hole on the last segment lines up with the red dot indicator, making it easy to quickly line up the lens with the camera mount even with the cover installed
- Compatible with the Sony 500mm f/4 G lens