The Bosch DVR-630-08A 8-Channel Video Recorder (Base Unit) uses H.264 compression technology. The supplied PC software and built-in web server makes the DVR-630-08A DVR a fully integrated stand-alone video management solution that is easy to use. A variety of storage capacities and a highly reliable embedded design minimizes maintenance and reduces operational costs of the DVR.
This DVR uses H.264 video compression technology to dramatically reduce storage amount and bandwidth needed while producing a better image quality. It records multiple video and audio signals while simultaneously providing live multi-screen viewing and playback. Comprehensive search and playback functions provide quick recall and viewing of recorded video.
Ease-of-use is a key feature of the DVR-630-08A. Simply connect the cameras, apply power, and the unit begins recording automatically. All recording takes place in the background with no operator intervention required. The use of H.264 compression reduces the file size of recordings by as much as 30% compared to standard MPEG-4, without sacrificing image quality. This DVR can record at up to 25 (PAL)/30 (NTSC) ips per channel at CIF resolution. Recording at 2CIF and 4CIF resolution is also possible by reducing the recording image rate settings. The recording rate and quality are individually configurable per channel for maximum flexibility. If required, alarm recordings (input and motion) and continuous recordings can be split over 2 partitions. An overwrite mode can then be selected separately for each partition.
The DVR can control pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) equipment via RS-485 serial communications. PTZ devices, including the Bosch AutoDome and a number of third party domes, are supported.
Additionally, this model has extensive alarm handling functions and telemetry control. Alarm functions include local inputs and relay outputs as well as motion detection in user-defined areas. In addition, the DVR can send an email notification with a short video clip on alarm.
The unit can be easily operated and programmed via the on-screen display menu system using the front panel control keys, the mouse, an IntuiKey series keyboard or the supplied remote control. Two monitor outputs provide full-screen, quad, multi-screen and sequenced viewing. Looping auto-terminating video inputs and outputs, audio inputs and output, and alarm inputs and outputs are located on the rear panel. Two VGA connectors provide an output for monitor A (main monitor) and monitor B (spot monitor). Monitor A displays live and playback in full-screen, quad or multi-screen pictures that can be frozen and zoomed. Monitor B displays live full-screen, quad or multi-screen pictures.
Using the PC software or built-in web application via a network, the DVR can be remotely controlled for live viewing, playback, and configuration. The PC application software can also be used with other Bosch products including the 400 series and the 700 series. Four users can control the DVR simultaneously. It includes an authenticity check for both local and remote playback, ensuring recording integrity. Furthermore, an Archive Player is provided for playback of secure video files.
A Bosch DVR viewer application for Apple iOS devices is available for live viewing and PTZ control. This application allows you to watch live video from cameras connected to the DVR from anywhere in the world. If a PTZ camera is connected, you can control focus, pan, tilt and zoom. Additionally, it supports Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). This means that live video streamed from the unit over the internet can be displayed by suitably configured mobile devices.
- 8 looped-through, auto-terminating camera inputs
- 4 audio inputs and 2 audio outputs
- Simultaneous live viewing, recording, playback, and remote streaming
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet port for local or wide area network connection
- RS485 serial port for serial communication to control movable cameras IntuiKey series
- Keyboard support for Bosch dome control including loop-through to a maximum of 8 other 600 series or 700 series recorders
- VGA monitor outputs for main and spot monitors
- 16:9, 16:10, and 4:3 aspect ratio displays for main monitor
- 4:3 aspect ratio display for spot monitor
- Full-screen, quad and multi-screen display capabilities in live and playback modes for main monitor
- Spot monitor output with sequencing and full-screen, quad and multi-screen views
- Alarm picture pop-up on full-screen or sequence by multiple alarms simultaneously
- Email notification with 10-second video clip on alarm
- Playback 1 or more channels while showing live pictures of the other channels
- Motion detection
- Multiple search modes including smart search (search for motion within recorded images)
- 8 switching (alarm) inputs and 4 alarm outputs
- Video loss detection
- Audible alarm
- Bosch DVR viewer application for live and PTZ control on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch devices
- Live display support on mobile devices via RTSP
- Pan/tilt/zoom camera control via RS485
- Supports Bosch and Pelco protocols
- Local archiving via USB