The black YST-SW012BL Subwoofer from Yamaha is a professional-quality subwoofer that provides strong, reliable bass performance for a variety of applications. The subwoofer has an 8" cone driver with magnetic shielding, 100W power rating, and has a large vent area to provide high output with low distortion.
With large speakers, the subwoofer helps shoulder the burden of reproducing low-frequency information. This is due to Yamaha's own proprietary Advanced Active Servo Technology. The complementary amplifier/speaker system utilizing negative impedance feedback in the amp and a Helmholtz resonator in the speaker to provide strong and accurate bass.
- Advanced Active Servo Technology
- Yamaha's Advanced Active Servo Technology is a complementary amplifier / speaker system utilizing negative impedance feedback in the amp and a Helmholtz resonator in the speaker to provide strong and accurate bass
- 8" Driver and 100W Amplifier
- High amplifier power assures enough power to deliver movie theater-like bass effects, and the 8" (20.3 cm) cone driver translates the power into clear bass sound. The YST-SW012 has a frequency range of 28 to 200Hz
- Linear Port
- The linear port provides smooth bass response during playback and minimizing extraneous noise
- Volume Control
- The volume control permits the perfect matching of the sub's output to the overall volume of the system
- Magnetic Shielding
- The subwoofer is magnetically shielded so it can be placed near a TV monitor or receiver without degrading the picture