The 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical Lens with Focus Confirm Chip for Nikon from Bower is a telephoto lens that's ideal for portraits, but suitable for any shooting purpose that calls for this particular focal length. Optimized to work on full-frame FX cameras, it is also fully functional on DX format DSLRs as well. On DX format cameras the 35mm equivalent focal length is 127.5mm. This is a manual focus lens but includes a special chip that allows the lens to work with the camera's focus confirmation function and confirm when an image is in focus. Auto exposure, auto metering and auto white balance functions can also be operated in the camera's Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Program and Manual Modes. Hybrid aspherical lens elements and multi-layer coating produce sharply defined images with a minimum of flare and ghosting. The minimum focus distance is 3.3' (1.0 m).
- Special chip uses camera's focus confirmation function to confirm focus. Also allows auto exposure, auto metering and auto white balance.
- Fast, wide aperture lens performs well in low light
- Smooth helicoid manual focus action
- Hybrid aspherical elements for outstanding, sharply defined images
- Super multi-layer coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.3' (1.0 m) for enhanced portrait shots
- Designed for use with full-frame cameras, and may also be used with APS-C cameras
- Removable lens hood and pouch included