The Pelco DSSRV Digital Sentry NVR (18 TB) is a H.264 capable, fully scalable hardware/software solution optimized to deliver the essential support required for the DS NVs video management software (VMS) without the extra cost or risk of integrating hardware and software.
Boosted by the second generation Intel Core i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM, Digital Sentry NVR provides an optimal combination of processing power and reliability to meet the demands of HD video recording and playback operations. The system is powered to support up to 128 combined IP and analog video streams, with up to 64 analog cameras supported via the optional ENC5416 direct-attached encoder. Analog streams are also supported using Pelco and third-party encoders.
The DS NVR delivers total available throughput of 280 Mbps for recording of analog and IP video streams as well as playback and export through the DS ControlPoint client. When determining the maximum number of cameras and the desired frame rate to host on each system, the number of concurrent client connections, the number of streams likely to be viewed in playback on each client, and the bandwidth required to support the client connections must be taken into consideration.
The DS NVR functions as a stand-alone system or as part of a network of servers, monitored from the DS ControlPoint user interface. The system can be deployed solely as a network video recorder, as a digital video recorder (DVR), or as a hybrid NVR.
Two gigabit network ports provide for convenient network architecture planning by allowing one port to be dedicated to IP cameras, while the second network port is used for client connections. Two DVI-D ports provide a convenient connection for high resolution digital monitors for use with HD cameras.
With front-available drives for easy servicing and upgrades, the Digital Sentry Network Video Recorder comes with 18 TB of storage space. The drives are hot-swappable when configured for internal RAID 5 storage with the optional RAID 5 controller card. A minimum of 3 drives is required for a RAID 5 configuration. External storage is supported through USB attached storage or by using the optional DSSRV-SCSI interface card connected to DX8100HDDI storage of up to 24 TB. The external storage can be configured for JBOD storage of software controlled RAID 5. Internal RAID 5 storage cannot be used in conjunction with external storage.
Front panel LED displays on the DS NVR provide heads-up information on system operation. The LEDs are integrated with the Digital Sentry System Information (DSSI) utility, providing critical, real-time statistics on system resource utilization, temperature, and throughput status.
The cornerstone of Digital Sentry design, a fully Open Architecture, is provided through ONVIF compliance and support for a large number of IP-specific drivers. Users can choose specific IP cameras or encoders to fit their application.
Eliminate the risk of deferred support that comes with VMS software from one vendor and a general purpose hardware platform from another. Replace it with the assurance of an integrated platform built specifically for the rigors of IP video recording. Make the performance, reliability, and Open Architecture of DS NVs running on DS NVR the core foundation of your video management solution.
- H.264 capable, fully scalable hardware/software solution
- 280 Mbps to support IP and analog video
- Supports up to 128 IP camera streams and up to 64 analog cameras
- Optimized to support pre-installed DS NVs software
- Records H.264, MJPEG, and MPEG-4 IP streams
- Supports Pelco and third-party IP cameras and network encoders
- Expandable by networking an unlimited number of servers and encoders (dependent on available network bandwidth)
- Compatible with DS ControlPoint for simultaneous monitoring of all DS series and DX series products in a single client interface
- Network health and event monitoring support through simple network management protocol (SNMP) and digital sentry, system information (DSSI) utility
- Compatible with the DS archive utility
- Recording rate configurable per individual camera
- Support for DS DataPoint integration