The 16 TB PRO RX 16ex PCIe 2 x16 RAID Array (Business Class) from Dulce Systems is an enterprise class, 16-bay rackmount RAID storage array with (3) x16 and (1) x8 lane PCIe 2 bus expansion slots which are backwards compatible with PCIe 1. It is designed for use in performance-intensive professional environments. The Pro RX 16ex implements the latest 80 Gbps PCIe 2 Extender technology to provide fast, redundant storage with up to 16 TB (16x 1 TB) capacity in a 3u 19" (48.3 cm) rackmount space.
The PCIe 2 Host Bus Extender (HBE) extends a computer's high-speed PCIe 2 signals to the PRO RX 16ex enclosure. The HBE runs cool and is capable of up to 16 lanes of the PCIe 2 speed, enabling two RAID controllers to run at full speed. The high-performance dual RAID controller supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6 and JBOD. It connects to 16 pre-loaded, hot swappable SATA / SAS / SSD 3 Gbps / 6 Gbps 7200 or 15000 RPM disk drives. The Pro RX 16ex measures over 4,000 MBps data rate in the RAID 0 mode and over 3,000 MBps in the drive redundant RAID 5 mode.
The Pro RX 16ex is compatible with PC, Mac and Linux. It is certified to work with Apple's Final Cut Studio, Adobe's Premiere Pro, Avid's Media Composer and other popular editor and creation applications. It supports multiple streams of video resolutions: DV, HDV, DVCPRO HD, ProRes 422, RED R3D uncompressed SD/HD as well as 2k / 4k films formats. It has feature-rich enclosure monitoring and RAID management console to monitor and configure the RAID with any web browser. Other features include e-mail event notification, remote host controlled power on/off, removable fans and optional hot swappable power supplies. The PRO RX 16ex is compatible with the PRO EX PCIe Expander. It is share ready using high-speed PRO Share Networking Array.
- SATA / SAS / SSD 3 Gbps / 6 Gbps Drives with Up to 16 TB of Data Storage
- The PRO RX 16ex comes with 16 pre-loaded, hot-swappable 3.5" SATA / SAS / SSD, 3 Gbps / 6 Gbps 7200 RPM or 15000 RPM disk drives with up to 16 TB (16x 1 TB) of data storage capacity. The highly reliable, high performance dual RAID controller supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5 and 6. Running in RAID 0, the PRO RX 16ex delivers over 4,000 MBps of data rate, while in the RAID 5 protected mode, it can deliver a data rate of over 3,000 MBps.
- 80 Gbps PCIe Extender Technology
- The PRO RX 16ex PCIe 2 x16 lanes Host Bus Extender (HBE) implements the latest 80 Gbps PCIe Extender technology. This enables the extension of the computer's PCIe 2 signals to the PRO RX 16ex enclosure. The HBE is capable of up to 16 lanes of the PCIe 2 speed, enabling two RAID controllers to run at full speed. It is fast, power efficient and runs cool.
- RAID Management GUI
- A web-browser accessed RAID Console provides quick and easy RAID management. The PRO RX 16ex comes pre-configured for Mac OS X in RAID 5 protection mode, so it might not be necessary to access the RAID Console initially. Highly configurable single RAID or multiple RAIDs with various RAID levels are easily managed using the RAID Console management interface.
- Multiple Real-Time Streams
- PRO RX 16ex technology enables superior workflow and multiple real-time streams, which allows you to thoroughly enjoy your work and get your project completed sooner.
- Metal Locking Connectors
- The connectors used in the PRO RX 16ex are made of metal and lock securely in place to prevent accidental removal.
- Unlimited Expansion
- The PRO RX 16ex makes expansion easy and cost effective with its built-in x8 PCIe 2 expander port (optional). For expansion, additional PRO RX 16ex (or any Dulce Systems PRO series g2) systems can be daisy chained which can provide additional capacity or additional PCIe 2 expansion slots. All this can be done without sacrificing additional PCIe slots in your server or workstation.
- The PRO RX 16ex is certified to work with Apple's Final Cut Studio, Adobe's Premiere Pro, Avid's Media Composer and other popular editors. It supports ProRes 422 / 4444, REDCODE, DV, DVCPRO HD, HDV, uncompressed SD / HD and 2K film formats. Moreover, it is compatible with PC, Mac and Linux.