Anton Bauer's Gold Spectrum 5.8 GHz Wireless Video System is a COFDM RF transmitter and receiver set that uses the 5.8 GHz frequency band, which can be operated on without an FCC license. The transmitter encodes SD and HD video and embedded audio into MPEG-4 format as one signal and wirelessly transmits the signal to the receiver at 100mW at selectable bandwidths of 6, 7 and 8 MHz. The use of MPEG-4 compression allows the signal to travel more than a half-mile in line-of-site applications.
The transmitter is camera-mountable, mounting by sandwiching in between a Gold Mount plate and a Logic Series battery. For inputting from a camera, the transmitter features one BNC connector that supports both SDI and Composite, automatically recognizing and accepting whichever of the two are connected. For operating the transmitter, you'll find a user-friendly control panel with a selection of up to 12 presets, high/low RF power, and Standby.
The receiver features 12 different channels that the transmitter can send to, a selection that ensures the least amount of interference. Alternative to complementing the receiver, the transmitter can also be used with Anton Bauer's AB-Direct VU, which is the receiver modified by a confidence monitor attached to it.
The system is complete with a Manfrotto Magic Arm for mounting in multiple positions, a Tandem 70 power supply and charger, and a durable and portable Pelican case with organized compartments.
- COFDM RF Tx & Rx Set
- Encodes SD/HD video and embedded audio into MPEG-4
- Transmits at 100mW at selectable bandwidths of 6, 7 and 8 MHz
- Transmits a signal more than a half a mile in line-of-site applications
- One BNC input recognizes and accepts either HD/SD-SDI or Composite
- User-friendly control panel with 12 presets, high / low RF power, and Standby
- Dual diversity receiver with 12 different channels