The red and black Pro - High-Performance Studio Headphones by Beats by Dr. Dre are over-ear headphones designed to provide sound isolation and an even frequency response across the spectrum. Made for sound engineers, DJs, musicians, and hard-core music lovers, the headphones feature a lightweight, gun-metal aluminum frame that's designed for durability. The Pros have no amplification or noise-cancelling circuitry, which helps them to reproduce audio without added frequencies or coloration.
The headphones offer a unique input/output arrangement featuring two 1/8" (3.5mm) female jacks—one at the bottom of each ear piece. When one is used as an input the other automatically functions as an output, and vice versa. You could be listening to music, and somebody else could plug in another set of headphones, of any type, into the open jack on your Beats Pros, and listen along with you.
The headphones have a padded, adjustable headband that fits virtually any head size. The flip-up ear cups make it easy to monitor your surroundings without completely removing the headphones. The thick, high-density foam ear cushions provide comfort and noise isolation. They can also be removed and washed to increase longevity.
The 4.9' detachable coiled cable sports gold-plated 1/8" TRS stereo mini plugs, and you also get a threaded 1/4" TRS stereo adapter, which is tethered to one end of the cable so it's always handy. Having both 1/8" and 1/4" plugs at your fingertips provides wide compatibility with a variety of consumer and pro audio devices.
- The Sound of the Studio
- The Beats Pro Headphones are made to accurately reproduce audio, letting you hear the music as it was intended
- No cheap plastic or frayed cords. Beats Pro headphones are made with an aluminum gun-metal frame with a black-matte anodized finish, encasing padded leather ear cups
- True Noise Reduction
- The padding on the ear cups provide noise isolation without the need for power switches or batteries
- Proprietary Drivers and Clean Sound
- Proprietary driver technology and materials are made to deliver accurate audio, and there's no amplification or noise cancellation circuitry to color the sound
- Adjustable Headband
- The padded, adjustable headband fits virtually any head size, and is designed for hours of comfortable listening
- Flip-Up Ear Cup Design
- The unique flip-up ear cups make it easy to monitor your surroundings without completely removing the headphones
- Headphone Sharing
- The input/output arrangement provides an extra port for plugging an additional pair of headphones into the Beats Pro so others can hear your mix. You could be listening to music, and somebody else could plug in another set of headphones, of any type, into the open 1/8" (3.5mm) jack on your Beats Pros, and listen along with you
- Coiled Cable
- The extra-long coiled cable provides durability and flexibility
- Choice of Plug Size
- The included cable features gold-plated 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS stereo mini plugs, and one end also has a threaded 1/4" TRS stereo adapter with an attached tether so you don't lose it or leave it behind at a gig. Having both plugs at your fingertips provides wide compatibility with a variety of consumer and pro audio devices