The For.A FT-ONE Full 4K Variable Frame Rate Camera captures high-speed 4K video as RAW data at up to 860 fps. It shoots at a variety of frame rates including 24, 60, 120, and up to the maximum of 860 fps. It features a 12-bit CMOS sensor with 4096 x 2304 resolution, which is slightly larger than the DCI standard. The Sensor features an ISO rating of 640, and provides an image with an 11-stop dynamic range. It uses a global shutter that allows the images to avoid rolling shutter artifacts.
The CMOS sensor is equivalent in size to a Super 35 sized sensor, preserving the depth of field associated with cinema productions. The camera has a PL lens mount, allowing it to accept PL mounted cinema style lenses, as well as full frame lenses with a PL mount. The camera records 9.8 seconds of 4K footage at 860 fps, which you can play out as 4K or HD through the camera, or transfer the RAW files to available SSD modules for on camera play back. The available SSD modules will hold approximately 90 seconds of high-speed video, and can be hot swapped to transfer the footage to available storage for editing.
By partitioning the camera's internal RAM, the camera can output 4K or HD from one partition, while simultaneously recording to another. The built-in 12-Axis color corrector allows you to adjust hue and saturation for each of the 12 colors, which is useful when trying to match the HD output of the FT-One to other cameras. Color correction settings only affect the HD output, leaving the RAW files unaffected.
- Advanced FT1-CMOS Sensor
- For.A developed the FT1-CMOS sensor, which is equivalent in size to Super 35mm, specifically for this camera. The sensor features 4096 x 2304 resolution, an ISO rating of 640, an 11-stop dynamic range, and a global shutter.
- Slow Motion in 4K up to 860 FPS
The FT-One captures 4K images at select framerates:
24, 50, 60, 120, 180, 240, 300, 360, 420, 480, 540, 600, 660, 720, 780, and 860.
Note: 50 fps is supported for 50Hz output
- Fast Recording, SSD Memory Capacity
- RAW capture is recorded to internal RAM. You can shoot in 4K resolution for up to 9.8 seconds at 860 fps, while slower frame rates allow for longer recording times. Recorded footage can be transferred to available 2TB SSD cartridges, each of which can hold up to 84 seconds of material. The cartridges are hot swappable, so there is no need to power down the camera and stop shooting as you swap out cartridges.
- Storage Partitioning
- The internal RAM can be used as a single space or partitioned from 2 to 16 spaces for simultaneous recording or playback. Partitioning enables you to record new scenes while playing back recorded scenes already stored in any partition.
- Simultaneous 4K Recording/Playback
- Simultaneous 4K recording and playback are supported by using 1080p HD-SDI signals. In addition, 2 downconverted HD-SDI outputs allow you to monitor the signal on a preview monitor and a viewfinder with an on-screen information display.
- Versatile Trigger Support
Constant image capture begins as soon as this camera is turned on, and it continues to overwrite the internal RAM until the record trigger is pressed. The record trigger has three settings:
Start - records to available space on the partition, beginning with when recording was triggered. End - saves the images recorded prior to triggering the recording.
Center - saves the video before and after recording is triggered, up to the amount of available space on the partition.
- Global Shutter System
- The high-speed global shutter system counteracts rolling shutter artifacts that might otherwise occur with fast motion.
- 12-Axis Color Correction
- For.A's 12-axis color correction allows the FT-One to match the output of traditional cameras. This adjustment only affects the camera's video output, and does not affect the RAW files.
- Genlock Input
- The camera accepts genlock signals allowing it to seamlessly fit into an existing mobile or studio system.
- Remote Control Unit
- This camera unit is compatible with the FT-1RU and FT-1RCP Control Unit (each control unit is sold separately). The FT-1RU Control Unit includes dedicated recording and playback buttons as well as a rotary encoder and touch panel for a range of settings. This control unit provides efficient camera setup and more convenient recording or playback. The FT-1RCP Remote Control Unit can adjust scenes recorded by this camera from remote locations on a real-time basis. Iris, pedestal, and gain control are already assigned to buttons for intuitive and smooth operation. It is used with the FT-1RU Control Unit. The adjustment of camera parameters and record/playback functions can be controlled separately.
- RAW Conversion
- The FT-1READ Converter (sold separately) is a RAW to DPX converter for the FT-ONE camera unit. The 12-bit RAW material is recorded to the internal memory and SSD cartridges in the camera. Before color grading or editing, this RAW data (not video output) must be converted to a common file format. The conversion produces DPX files with your preferred parameters.