The white Yamaha P-105 Digital Piano is an 88-note, weighted-action piano that offers useful features for everyone from beginning players to professionals. The unit is equipped with Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) action, which gives it a similar feel to an acoustic piano.
The P-105's PureCF sampled piano sound and internal stereo speakers make it ideal for practicing. The keyboard offers a Split mode and also an innovative Duo mode. The latter lets two people play simultaneously on the keyboard, with each having his or her own middle C.
Another innovative aspect of the P-105 is the Intelligent Acoustic Control feature. It's essentially an adaptive EQ that changes the tonal balance based on the keyboard's volume setting, making sure that the P-105 sounds as good as possible at any level.
In addition to its built-in speakers, the P-105 features line-level Aux outputs. You can use these to connect to a mixer or other external device without cutting off the speakers. A USB port gives you the ability to interface with a computer. In conjunction with Apple's optional iPad Camera Connection Kit, you can even connect with music apps such as Yamaha's Piano Diary and NoteStar.
You also get 10 built-in styles for practicing with, including boogie woogie, stride piano, and ballad arpeggios. A built in Rhythms feature gives you 10 drum patterns to play with, offering a great alternative to a standard metronome.
Weighing less than 27 lbs, the P-105 is a portable solution for keyboardists on the go.
- 88-note Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) weighted action keyboard feels like an acoustic piano.
- USB and audio connections
- 128-note polyphony ensures the suppression of dropped notes even with simultaneous Dual & Split modes and a drum pattern playing
- Intelligent Acoustic Control provides full, balanced sound that adapts to each user's volume setting for the best possible tone at any level.
- The internal speakers stay on when an external connection is made via the P105's Aux Out jacks.
- Duo mode allows for side-by-side piano practice. Ideal for schools teaching group lessons, it accommodates two students per piano, each with their own middle C
- 10 pianist styles give the user a virtual built-in duet partner that plays along in one of ten different playing varieties including boogie woogie, stride piano, or ballad arpeggios.