The Newer Technology miniStack Quad Interface Hard Drive Enclosure is a sensible way to store your data, with a safe and secure enclosure, and the flexibility of quad connection options if you move between Mac and PC use. This unit keeps a 3.5" SATA hard drive safe and secure in its aluminum enclosure with a Mac-quality Maglev fan, while giving you the option of USB 3.0, eSATA or FireWire connectivity. With the optional AdaptaDrive module, you can also install 2.5" drives and SSDs. The miniStack accepts drives with speeds of up to 7200 rpm, and cache sizes up to 64MB.
The unit is easily stackable, and follows the form of the 2010/2011 Mac mini. It is compatible with any computer that can support a USB 2.0/3.0, eSATA, FireWire 400 or FireWire 800 port. If you need a stylish and Mac-like enclosure for a spare SATA drive, the miniStack is small but effective.
- Quad interface
The quad interface offers four connections for flexibility and compatibility:
• USB 3.0/2.0 (300MB/s, 60MB/s)
• eSATA (300MB/s)
• FireWire 800 (100MB/s)
• FireWire 400 (50MB/s)
- Cool and Quiet
- The miniStack contains a MagLev fan (the same fan used in the Mac mini), which offers frictionless, whisper-quiet operation.
- Safe and Secure
- The unit comes with a Kensington Security Slot for theft prevention.
- Utility Software Bundle
A software suite is included with the miniStack that includes:
• Intech SpeedTools Utilities OEM (for Mac OS 8.6 - X only)
• Prosoft Engineering Data Backup (for Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later)
• NovaStor NovaBACKUP (for Windows 2000 or later)
• Carbon Copy Cloner (for Mac OS X 10.4 or later)
- Mac Like Appeal
- The durable aluminum body of the miniStack is designed to match the finish of the current Mac line.