The TS-469L 4 Bay Turbo NAS Server for SMBs from QNAP is a 4-bay, all-in-one NAS server with exceptional performance that meets the storage requirements of modern SMB IT environments. It includes secure cross-platform file sharing for Windows, Mac and Linux/UNIX users, an iSCSI / IP-SAN storage combo solution and a number of value-added business applications. Critical business information can be safely protected against unexpected data loss with a set of integrated backup solutions. It is also an ideal shared storage solution for virtualized and clustered environments, with VMware Ready and Citrix Ready certification and has proven compatibility with Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
The intuitive MyCloudNAS service simplifies the process of publishing content present in the Turbo NAS over the Internet and helps you create a private cloud in just a few simple steps. The mobile apps Qfile, Qmanager and Qmobile provide iOS or Android users a convenient way to access and monitor the Turbo NAS live and on the go.
You can use the Surveillance Station Pro on the Turbo NAS to manage the connected IP cameras and set up a video surveillance system with comprehensive monitoring, recording and playback features through mobile access.
Centralized Storage and File Sharing
- Cross-platform Sharing with Antivirus
- The Turbo NAS supports SMB/CIFS, NFS and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX networks. Your accounts and shared folders can be created via a user-friendly web based interface without IT expertise. The integrated antivirus solution for the Turbo NAS ensures business stability. It offers detection against the latest viruses, malware, worms and Trojan horses.
- Windows Active Directory (AD) and LDAP Directory Service
- The Windows AD and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is a directory service feature that enables you to retrieve user accounts from Windows AD or LDAP based directory server to the Turbo NAS. This reduces time and effort in setting up a new account. You can use the same login name and password to access the Turbo NAS.
- Shared Folder Aggregation
- As an added convenience, you can connect to the shared folders of other servers on Microsoft Networking via the portal folder on the NAS. This minimizes the hassle of logging in to various servers one by one.
- ISO File Archiving and Sharing
- The NAS supports the mounting of ISO images of CD or DVD discs for network sharing folders for data archiving, storage and sharing. This feature conserves much more space than storing the physical discs. It lowers the risk of data loss due to long-term use of the discs and improves the performance of data sharing on a business network.
- Windows ACL (Access Control List)
- This feature offers sophisticated shared folder permission settings and thus simplifies IT management for businesses with a large number of users. By enabling the Windows ACL, basic permissions and 13 advanced permissions can be set up from the Windows Explorer and synchronized with the permission settings of the Turbo NAS. In addition, the same permissions apply to AFP, FTP, Web File Manager and Samba when "Advanced Folder Permissions" are enabled at the same time.
- Advanced Folder Permissions
- You can configure folder/subfolder access to the Turbo NAS with advanced folder permissions. With this feature enabled, you can manage the folder permissions from Microsoft Windows or the web-based management interface of the Turbo NAS easily.
Secure Measures for Data Storage and Access
- Policy-Based Unauthorized IP Blocking
- You can allow, deny or auto block specified IP addresses or network domains, which attempt to connect to the Turbo NAS, via SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, Samba or AFP.
- Remote Login
- The Turbo NAS supports remote login via SSH (secure shell) or Telnet connection.
- SSL Security (HTTPS)
- It supports HTTPS connection. You can upload a secure certificate and RSA private key in X.509PEM format issued by a trusted provider to allow access to the NAS server via secure SSL login.
- Secure FTP
- The NAS server offers secure data transfer with SSL/TLS (explicit) encryption. It also supports Passive FTP port range setup.
- Encrypted Remote Replication by Rsync
- The data on the NAS server can be backed up to or from another Turbo NAS or Rsync server over the network securely.
- Shared Folder Management
- You can choose to hide or show selected shared folders of the Turbo NAS on your Windows network.
- User Authority Management
- You can create multiple users and specify their password, quota and user groups by simply uploading the batch files in TXT or Excel CSV format to the NAS. Export and import of users list are also supported.
Backup Center for Businesses
- Well-rounded Backup Solutions
- The Turbo NAS offers you flexible server backup solutions like encrypted remote replication, Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) and cloud-based storage backup. Windows and Mac users can use QNAP NetBak Replicator utility and Time Machine respectively to back up data to the Turbo NAS. Additionally, the Turbo NAS supports third party backup software such as Veeam Backup and Replication and Acronis True Image.
- Disaster Recovery Solution
- The Turbo NAS offers business continuity and high availability of data by being able to recover data from disasters.
- Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR)
- RTRR provides real-time or scheduled data replication between the Turbo NAS and a remote QNAP NAS, an FTP server or an external drive.
- iSCSI LUN Snapshot or Backup
- Server virtualization reduces IT expenditure and provides flexible server management. Adopting a proper data protection and disaster recovery for virtual machines has become vastly important. The Turbo NAS has taken iSCSI LUN backup/restore to an advanced level with snapshot technology. You can use the LUN snapshot to back up contents in the LUN to various storage destinations, including Windows shared folders via SMB/CIFS, Linux shared folders via NFS or local shared folders on the Turbo NAS.
- Cloud Storage Backup
- You can send private data to cloud storage. The Turbo NAS supports Amazon S3, ElephantDrive and Symform cloud storage backup. It has several backup modes, including real-time, scheduled backup and versioning control, which allow the data to be restored from any point of time. With ElephantDrive, cloud storage can be monitored through a web browser. An extra set of all the data stored is always available to enable quick and simple remote data recovery.
- Backup to External Drive via USB 3.0
- You can connect external storage devices to the Turbo NAS via the eSATA or USB ports. The data can be backed up in the NAS shared folders to the external devices. Three backup modes are provided: instant, scheduled and automatic backup. The Turbo NAS features USB 3.0 ports for high-speed backup to external hard drives. EXT3, EXT4, NTFS and HFS+ file systems are supported to ensure compatibility with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems.
iSCSI and Virtualization Deployment
- NAS + iSCSI Combo Solution
- The Turbo NAS can serve as a NAS for file sharing and iSCSI storage concurrently.
- Flexible Management
- The Turbo NAS supports multiple Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs) and iSCSI targets. LUNs can be flexibly mapped to, unmapped from and switched among the different iSCSI targets.
- Secure Deployment
- The advanced Access Control List (ACL) is designed with CHAP authentication and LUN masking. It has the ability to block unauthorized access from the initiators.
- Designed for Virtualized and Clustered Environments
- The Turbo NAS is Vmware, Citrix Ready and Windows Hyper-V compliant. It can be compared with a high cost Fiber Channel SAN. The Turbo NAS is an affordable system that can be deployed as a storage center for virtualized and clustered server environments, such as VMware and Microsoft Windows Failover Cluster.
- SPC-3 Persistent Reservation Supported
- The built-in iSCSI service supports enterprise-level features such as SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering in VMware and Windows Server 2008. You can set up Microsoft Failover Cluster environment, use Cluster Shared Volume for Hyper-V and execute virtual machine live migration between Hyper-V hosts.
- Advanced MPIO and MC/S Supported
- With the support of Multipath Input Output (MPIO) and Multiple Connections per Session (MC/S) on the Turbo NAS, you can connect to the iSCSI targets on the Turbo NAS using two or more network interfaces from their server with failover and load balancing. Furthermore, with MC/S settings better data transmission performance can be achieved.
- Feature-rich All-in-one Business Applications
The Turbo NAS provides seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux and UNIX platforms. It also supports WebDAV for easy access to shared folders via HTTP/HTTPS protocol remotely.
You can establish an FTP server with the Turbo NAS and share files conveniently with colleagues or customers.
The Turbo NAS offers a centralized backup center for Mac users using Time Machine and Windows users using QNAP QBack utility.
You can host multiple websites on the Turbo NAS with the built-in web server and virtual host feature.
The RADIUS server centralizes and consolidates user authentication by maintaining a list of user accounts that are authorized for remote network access through dial-up equipment, Wi-Fi access point or VPN connections.
The Syslog server feature allows you to collect and store the logs of other network devices on the Turbo NAS. This helps to monitor the status of these devices and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
The Turbo NAS offers printer sharing over the network and remote printing over the Internet via Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). Print job management and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X are also supported.
You can use the Turbo NAS to manage the connected IP cameras and set up a video surveillance system with comprehensive monitoring, recording and playback features.
The Turbo NAS supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) which makes the NAS a dual-stack IP host running IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) service allows you to access the NAS and other resources on the same local network from the Internet. Qnap VPN Server supports both OpenVPN and PPTP with a very intuitive UI. MyCloudNAS service and Auto Router Configuration are integrated with QNAP VPN Server. You can access all services provided by the Turbo NAS remotely and securely with just a few clicks.
For businesses which need directory service, Qnap LDAP Service provides a cost effective alternate from Windows ADS. You can turn the Turbo NAS into a LDAP server and centralize the user privilege management.
•Software Expansion via QPKG Center:
You can maximize the usage of the Turbo NAS by installing an additional QPKG software add-ons developed by users in QNAP's worldwide community.
- Private Cloud Storage
- The Turbo NAS helps users reap all the benefits of cloud computing. A personal cloud for home usage or a private cloud for business use can be built easily. This cloud provides flexible ways for data access, sharing and backup, virtually anytime, anywhere.
- MyCloudNAS Service
- The MyCloudNAS service simplifies the process of publishing contents in the Turbo NAS over the Internet. It provides a web-based portal for file management and access. It also supports backing up important data from the Turbo NAS to other cloud storage providers such as Amazon S3, ElephantDrive and Symform.
- Email Invitation
- The MyCloudNAS is an easy way to send out an email invitation to friends. The invitation contains systematic instructions on accessing the Turbo NAS. It offers a link to download the Windows application MyCloudNAS Connect. This allows users without proficient networking aptitude to set up and connect to the Turbo NAS with ease.
- Mobile Apps for On-the-Go Access and Monitoring
- Qfile is an app for users to browse and manage the files on the Turbo NAS. Qmanager turns users' mobile devices into a remote control and helps monitor and manage the Turbo NAS. Terabytes of photos, music and videos stored on the Turbo NAS are ready to be streamed by Qmobile from anywhere regardless of the actual storage size of the mobile devices. Qmobile also provides a convenient way for uploading photos from the mobile devices to the Turbo NAS for instant sharing.
- Surveillance Station Pro
- It supports over 1,400 IP cameras, ranging from high-end to low-end models, and is compatible with ONVIF specification. You can purchase additional licenses to increase the number of channels based on their surveillance needs. iOS and Android users can install the VMobile app to monitor the surveillance channels anytime and anywhere with the functions of camera live view, motion-detection recording, PTZ control, instant event notifications, video snapshot and advanced playback and search functions.
Advanced Business Features
- File Server
- The Turbo NAS provides seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux and UNIX platforms. It also supports WebDAV for easy access to shared folders via HTTP/HTTPS protocol remotely.
- FTP Server
- You can establish an FTP server connection with the Turbo NAS and share files conveniently with colleagues or customers.
- Web Server
- You can host multiple websites on the Turbo NAS with the built-in web server and virtual host feature.
- Radius Server
- It centralizes and consolidates user authentication by maintaining a list of user accounts that are authorized for remote network access through dial-up equipment, Wi-Fi access point or VPN connections.
- Syslog Server
- By collecting and storing the logs of other network devices on the Turbo NAS with the Syslog server feature, you can easily monitor the status of these devices and troubleshoot problems when necessary.
- Printer Server
- The Turbo NAS offers printer sharing over the network and remote printing over the Internet via IPP (Internet Printing Protocol). Print job management and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X are also supported.
- The Turbo NAS supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) which makes NAS a dual-stack IP host running IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
- VPN Server
- This service allows users to access the NAS and other resources on the same local network from the Internet. QNAP VPN Server supports both OpenVPN and PPTP. MyCloudNAS service and Auto Router Configuration are integrated with QNAP VPN Server. With just a few clicks, users can access all services provided by the Turbo NAS remotely and securely.
- Software Expansion via QPKG Center
- Maximize the usage of the Turbo NAS by installing additional QPKG software add-ons developed by users in QNAP's worldwide community.
- Proxy Server
- With the help of Squid QPKG, the QNAP Turbo can be used as a proxy server. Internet cache speeds up web browsing. Web filtering and monitoring enhances business Internet security.
- FIPS 140-2 Validated AES 256-Bit Volume-Based Data Encryption
- The disk volume with FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256-bit encryption can only be accessed by an authorized encryption password or key. This prevents sensitive government or business data on the Turbo NAS from unauthorized access and breach even if the hard disk drives or the entire system were stolen.
- External Drive Encryption
- The Turbo NAS now supports encrypting contents in the external drive, which can be easily removed and protected against theft.
- Advanced RAID Management with Hot-Swap Design
- The Turbo NAS offers RAID 0, 1, single and JBOD disk configurations. It also supports hot-swap design so that a failed member drive of a RAID configuration (RAID 1 only) can be replaced by hot swapping without turning off the server.
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion
- The storage capacity of a RAID configuration can be expanded by replacing larger hard drives. All the data can be kept and seamlessly moved to the newly installed hard drives without turning off the server.
- Online RAID Level Migration
- You can upgrade the disk configuration to a higher RAID level and retain the data without turning off the server.
- IP-SAN/ iSCSI Storage and Virtual Disk Drives (VDD) for Storage Expansion
- The Turbo NAS provides a cost-efficient iSCSI solution to set up IP-SAN storage. With the built-in iSCSI initiator, the Turbo NAS can also connect to other iSCSI targets over the network and turn them into virtual disk drives (VDD).
- iSCSI Storage Plug and Play
- The Windows version of QNAP Finder provides a convenient way to expand desktop computer or server storage capacity by connecting to the Turbo NAS and mapping a network drive or a virtual disk.
User-Friendly System Management
- Instant SMS, Email and Windows Live Messenger Alert
- Configure the SMTP server, SMS server and Windows Live Messenger account settings on the Turbo NAS in order to receive instant system warning or error messages via email, SMS and instant messages.
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
- Collect the information, warning or errors of the Turbo NAS and send warnings up to three SNMP servers for centralized management and real-time monitoring.
- S.M.A.R.T. and Advanced Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS)
- Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) helps you to monitor hard disk status. Moreover, the Turbo NAS supports Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS) for disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
Multiple LAN Deployment
- The LAN ports of the Turbo NAS can be configured in failover mode that allows the Turbo NAS to sustain the failure of one network port and provide continuous services.
- Load Balancing
- The LAN ports of the Turbo NAS can be configured in load balancing mode for bandwidth aggregation to boost file transfer speeds. It works with a managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured.
- Multi-IP Settings
- The Turbo NAS can be deployed with multiple different IP settings for sharing among different workgroups in two different subnets.
- Virtual LAN
- You can integrate the Turbo NAS to an existing VLAN on a virtualization environment and configure the Turbo NAS as the storage system of other VLAN devices. By enabling VLAN, only the devices with the same VLAN ID can access the Turbo NAS.
- Wireless LAN
- You can connect the Turbo NAS to the wireless network through a USB Wi-Fi dongle for convenient access. The NAS is compatible with fast 802.11n and 802.11g dongles for Wi-Fi connection.
- Exceptional Performance with Port Trunking Support
- The Gigabit Ethernet interface and fast processor enable the Turbo NAS to deliver superior performance and high reliability for critical applications. -FTP/SAMBA Testing Environment: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz/ DDR3 1600 Hz 16 GB, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ZyXEL GS-2024 -FTP/SAMBA Testing Method: Connect the Turbo NAS and PC to switch, upload/download 5 GB file without Jumbo Frame, FTP Tool: FileZilla
- Eco-Friendly & Energy-efficient
- It features green technologies to protect the environment and save electricity. The smart fan monitors the system temperature of the Turbo NAS and automatically adjusts its speed to ensure quiet operation and power saving. The hard drives can be set to enter standby mode after an idle period to reduce power consumption and extend hard drive lifespan. Scheduled power on/off feature provides flexibility to only allow the Turbo NAS to operate in designated time and therefore minimize power usage.
- Enable this option to power on the Turbo NAS remotely by Wake-on-LAN.
- Hard Drive Standby
- Configure the hard drives to enter standby mode if there is no drive access within the specified period.
- Scheduled Power On/Off
- The flexible scheduled power on/off feature is provided for IT administrators to manage the up time of the Turbo NAS according to the working hours. The administrator can set the time for automatic system power on, power off or restart on any days of the week.
- UPS Support
- The Turbo NAS supports USB UPS devices to allow users to store the data in time and avoid critical data loss when power outage occurs during data transfer. Network UPS allows multiple Turbo NAS servers on the same physical network to be protected by a single UPS via receiving UPS notification on abnormal power supply.