The R1/R10 Lens Ring for Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DG Diagonal Nikon Mount Fisheye Lens from Nodal Ninja is a dedicated ring that attaches the Sigma 15mm Nikon Mount Fisheye Lens to an R1 or R10 panorama head. It attaches via the built-in ring clamp, and is built specifically for use with this lens' unique design and dimensions.
An included plastic insert is placed between the outer metal ring and the particular lens it is designed for. This dedicated ring allows a contoured fit and increases the area in contact with the lens. With a large clamping area, the stress on the lens is reduced, when attached to a camera body.
- To increase the area of contact with the lens, a contoured plastic insert is placed between the outer metal ring and the lens.
- The large clamping area reduces stress on the lens barrel, reducing the risk of damaging it when a heavy camera body is attached
- The mount attached close to the camera to reduce stress on the lens due to the weight of the camera body.
- Roll the camera and lens in any direction, including popular 0, 60 and 90° positions.
- Index marks for every 90° and 30° are located at the front and back of the ring, respectively, for easy alignment.
- Having the ring mounted to the lens, rather than the camera, makes it possible to reproduce the same perspective and settings with different camera bodies - and quicker to set up.
- The Arca-Swiss compatible quick release design can be mounted directly to other Arca Swiss compatible systems without using the R1 or R10 panorama heads.
- Its design is great for use on a monopod or high pole when you need more stability or reach.
- An optional advanced rail stop is available to remember NPP settings (sold separately).