The Meridian Technologies SR-1600/R 1 RU Rack Mount Chassis is a universal 1U high subrack that accepts all fiber optic transmission cards from Meridian Technologies. It is a standard EIA chassis frame that houses DigiSlim, DigiCool, and DigiFlex Fiber Optic Transmission Rack-Mount Cards (sold separately).
Up to 6 single-slot or 3 dual-slot cards can be accommodated in the chassis. The signal cards are all hot-swappable. Therefore, the cards can be inserted or removed without removing power to the chassis.
The unit is made of precision-extruded aluminum components and utilizes external 110/120VAC power supplies. Cards utilize a rear insertion procedure. Reversible rack mounting ears are provided for either front or rear access to cards. The chassis features built-in low-noise fans for enhanced cooling and reliability.
The SR-1600/R Chassis with redundant power supplies operates in a power-sharing mode so that both supplies are continuously operating and evenly share the load. If one supply were to lose power, the redundant supply is able to pick up the load without any interruption of service. Because a reliable power supply is a crucial part of business survival, this type of structure is suitable for any operation where power failure cannot be tolerated. Meridian's utilization of N+1 power is an efficient and cost-effective way to achieve the high level of reliability required in today's business environment.
- Accepts 6 single-slot cards or 3 dual-slot cards
- N+1 power redundancy
- External (110/220VAC) power supplies
- Hot-swappable cards
- Front panel power supply status indicator lights
- Reversible mounting ears
- Front or rear loading
- Built-in quiet, side-mounted fans for enhanced thermal management
- Standard EIA 19" 1U (1.75") chassis configuration
- Applications: Security and surveillance, campus educational networks, military communications, industrial process controls, video teleconferencing, intelligent transportation system, nuclear power plants, hospitals, schools, universities, airports, subways, highways, tunnels, bridges, audio video & broadcast