The Axis Communications Q7424-R Video Encoder is a rugged 1-to-4-channel standalone solution designed for use in challenging applications such as traffic monitoring and city and airport surveillance. It also comes with an integrated SFP slot for optional fiber connectivity that allows you to connect the encoder to a network over long distances.
This encoder supports H.264 and MJPEG formats that help in compressing high-quality audio and video signals without compromising on clarity. Furthermore, the quad view mode feature allows you to view 4 displays simultaneously on the monitor. The full duplex and half duplex transmission mode in this encoder lets you speak and listen over the network clearly.
You can control the compatible analog and PTZ cameras via the RS-422 and RS-485 cables. The video encoder has an integrated memory card slot that allows you to insert the SD/SDHC memory card (not included) for recording live footage. The encoder's Power over Ethernet capability allows you to power it via the same Ethernet cable. What’s more, the Network Encoder supports ONVIF standard for simple integration and improved interoperability.
- Accepts audio/video signal from single CCTV camera
- Dual streaming of footage in H.264 and MJPEG compression formats
- Allows viewing of 4 different screens simultaneously
- Rugged design allows the encoder to withstand vibrations and shocks
- Operates in temperatures ranging from -40 °F to +167 °F (-40 to 75°C)
- RS-422 and RS-485 cable lets you control analog PTZ cameras
- Incorporates an SFP slot that allows you to connect the encoder to a network over long distances
- Supports full duplex and half duplex transmission mode
- Power over Ethernet capability aids you in charging the encoder via the same Ethernet cable used for data transmission
- Supports an intelligent alarm system that triggers an alarm when the camera detects certain movements in the motion detection window or when the camera is tampered or when the audio rises/falls below the threshold level
- Ethernet port allows you to easily connect the encoder to the network
- User access control prevents unauthorized persons from operating this encoder
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including VAPIX from Axis Communications
- Supports AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) with One-Click Camera connection for development of video monitoring services over the Internet
- Privacy masking function allows you to exclude certain spaces within a selected area from triggering motion-based recordings, thus helping to save storage space
- System can be remotely controlled and configured
- LED display indicates the status of the encoder
- ONVIF standard provides enhanced integration and interoperability