Grass Valley's STORM 3G Elite Breakout Box with EDIUS Pro 6.5 NLE System consists of a breakout box with a PCIe 4X I/F card for desktop connection (4X mode: up to 1080p50/60) as well as an ExpressCard/34 (1X mode: up to 1080i) for laptop connection. It ships with a full version of EDIUS Pro 6.5.
Grass Valley's EDIUS Pro 6.5 nonlinear editing system is designed to meet the requirements of broadcast and studio production environments, as well as independent editors who require high quality, ease of use, and fast finishing. EDIUS Pro 6.5 features real-time editing and conversion for all popular video formats, a color correction tool that supports 10-bit color depth, 2K/4K support, a free shape mask filter and 16-camera multicam editing.
STORM 3G Elite is among the most complete signal interface solutions available today. Video interfaces include dual 3G SDI, which can be used as either one 3G SDI signal or one pair of high definition and standard definition signal outputs. Other video interfaces include HDMI input/output; as well as composite and component analog video input/output.
For audio, STORM 3G Elite has four pairs of AES/EBU interfaces; four pairs of balanced XLRs; and a stereo pair with balanced and unbalanced audio monitor out. A switchable line/mic is also available for a dedicated voice-over input.
STORM 3G Elite also features control/sync. Two RS-422 interfaces control a VTR as master or slave. Linear timecode input/output; reference in/through/out; and a locking power connector round out the rest of the interfaces.
- STORM 3G Elite Features
- HD/SD-SDI input and output with embedded audio and timecode
- HDMI input and output for full-resolution, real-time monitoring
- Embedded HDMI audio input and output for high-quality audio monitoring
- Video and audio output stays in sync with editing windows for accurate editing and trimming
- Reference input supports bi-level or tri-level sync
- RS-422 master and slave machine-control support
- Compatible with Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- EDIUS Pro 6.5 Features
- Real-time editing and conversions for different formats and frame rates
- Real-time effects, keyers, transitions, and titles
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title, and graphics tracks
- Native EOS Movie, REDCODE RAW and most popular video formats
- Support for 4K and 2K resolution
- Multicamera editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously
- Color correction tool supports 10-bit color depth
- Export Sequences with Alpha Channel
- QuickTime for Export to Win or Mac
- Edit in Stereoscopic 3D
- Filmstrip View in Timeline
- Proxy mode workflow by switching timeline between proxy/hi-res mode
- Nested timeline sequences
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- Export in AVCHD format to a media card
- Windows 7 support (32-bit/64-bit) (Windows XP/Vista not supported)