The Grass Valley EDIUS Pro 6.5 Editing System (Student & Teacher Edition / Boxed Set) is the complete version of EDIUS Pro 6.5 considerably discounted for accredited elementary-school through higher-education students and teachers.
EDIUS Pro 6.5 adds about twenty new features, each one greatly significant, to the previous version of EDIUS, and with each feature being what it is, the additions only further enhance with flexibility the application's already fast workflow, at the core of which is an open timeline system. EDIUS Pro is known across all pro-video applications and is particularly popular in the broadcasting industry.
The open timeline now accepts RED's camera format and as previously also accepts Sony's XDCAM, Panasonic's P2, and many other ones, meaning that you're not limited to a common format and can just throw footage from different cameras right onto the timeline, and moreover, you can just as soon begin editing.
Another of the additions is Apple's QuickTime HQ / HQX codec. EDIUS is only compatible with Windows, but the incorporation of this codec will let you export your files to a Mac as well as to a PC.
- Open and Flexible System
- Natively works with different formats, including now RED's, but also Sony's XDCAM, Panasonic's P2, Ikegami's GF, Canon's XF
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title, and graphics tracks
- Real-time editing and conversion of different resolutions, as high as 4K/2K resolution to as low as 24x24
- Real-time editing and conversion of different frame rates, such as 60p/50p, 60i/50i, and 24p
- Real-time effects, keyers, transitions, and titles
- Proxy mode workflow by switching timeline between proxy/hi-res mode
- Nested timeline sequences
- Multicamera editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- Export in AVCHD format to a media card
- Windows 7 support (32-bit/64-bit) / Windows XP or Vista not supported
- New Features in EDIUS Pro 6.5
- Color correction tool supports 10-bit color depth
- Export sequence with alpha channel
- Native RED (.R3D) support (although .R3D source setting is not supported)
- Improved XDCAM / P2 data transfer
- 3D stereoscopic editing
- AVCHD 2.0 support
- EOS movie support (ALL-I (I-only), IPB)
- Camera RAW format support (although source setting of camera RAW formats is not supported)
- Filmstrip view in Timeline
- Enhanced video layouter (drop shadow, resize quality)
- Built-in loudness meter
- Built-in shake stabilizer
- 720p Blu-ray authoring support
- Flash F4V export
- QuickTime HQ / HQX codec for export to Windows or Mac
- Alpha channel support for nested sequences