The Intel PRO/1000 PT Quad Port PCIe Server Adapter from Rorke Data helps conserve PCIe slots while adding multi-port gigabit Ethernet capacity. The dedicated Input/Output (I/O) bandwidth of PCIe ensures priority performance on each port without bus sharing for gigabit Ethernet connectivity in Category-5 networks. The server improves performance in multi-processor systems by balancing network loads across multiple CPUs. The adapter enables Intel I/O Acceleration Technology for faster I/O processing on dual-core Intel Xeon processor based servers.
The Intel adapter features 10/100/1000 Mbps self configuration for compatibility with mixed-speed network infrastructure. It is supported by Intel PRO Intelligent Install and the new Intel PROSet Utility for Windows Device Manager. Intel PROSet simplifies adapter installation and gives point-and-click power to configure and manage all your Intel PRO Network Connections.
- Two single integrated, dual port PCIe gigabit Ethernet controller chips enable four gigabit Ethernet copper connections on a single adapter, delivering increased bandwidth for slot-constrained servers and providing high performance, reliability and low power use
- The load balancing on multiple CPUs increases performance by efficiently balancing network loads across CPU cores when used with Receive Side Scaling from Microsoft or Scalable I/O on Linux
- The Intel I/O acceleration technology (Intel I/OAT)* accelerates I/O with higher throughput and lower CPU utilization by offloading processing overhead 1
- Multi-ports card provides the platform with the port density required for virtualization environments
- It interrupts moderation and delivers high performance while slightly reducing CPU utilization
- The Intel adapter allows quad-port operation in almost any PCIe server slot except x1 slot and allows each port to operate without interfering with each other. It's compatible with x4, x8 and x16 full height PCIe slots
- Its support for most network operating systems enables its widespread deployment
- Support for remote management reduces support costs based on industry standards
- It uses Category-5 unshielded twisted pair, 4-pair cabling that reduces re-wiring costs
- RoHS compliant, uses lead-free technology* and is compliant with EU and China standards to reduce use of hazardous materials 2
- Intel PROset for Windows provides point and click power over individual adapters, advanced adapter, connection teaming and Device Manager virtual local area network (VLAN) configuration
- The advanced cable diagnostics dynamically tests and reports network problems (error-rate, cable length) and automatically compensates for cable issues (cross-over cable, wrong pin-out/polarity)
- Intel provides a lifetime warranty with a 90-day money back guarantee (in US and Canada) and worldwide support