The Avid Expert Advantage Support Plan is a non-mission critical support offer available for Avid Professional Editor products used with HD systems. This support plan covers Information Services, Technical Support, Bug Fixes, Escalation Process, and Remote Connectivity. Hardware Coverage and Onsite Support are also offered at an additional fee.
Avid Advantage Support gives you the edge you need to thrive in today’s highly competitive media market. Delivered by global teams of Avid support professionals with appreciable experience and expertise, this Avid Advantage Support Plan is designed to ensure you maintain a high standard of operational effectiveness.
Note: Expert Support does not provide access to software Updates, which are any of the following: maintenance releases and software feature releases (also called software upgrades).
- Information Services
- Avid will provide 7 days x 24 hours access to an online Knowledge Base and product forums (available on the Support tab on Avid's website). 1
- Technical Support
- Technical Support is available via Web case logging with 7 days x 24 hours access. Web case logging is the preferred form of contacting support for all non-critical issues. Avid will use reasonable commercial efforts to meet a 24-hour response target for all logged requests. Technical Support provided outside normal business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, local to the Avid contact center) will be delivered in English. 2
- Bug Fixes
- From time to time, Avid will make available to the customer software patches and updates comprising customer-specific bug fixes, regarded as Bug Fixes. Bug Fixes have limited testing and are distributed only to those customers exhibiting the particular issues that are addressed by the Bug Fixes. Avid may, at its discretion, post freely downloadable Bug Fixes on its website.
- Escalation Process
Avid employs an industry-standard escalation process for all support events that cannot be resolved within a reasonable time. This process provides for increasing levels of resources and technical assistance to be applied based on both elapsed time and the level of severity of the issue.
Avid also uses a Code Blue escalation process for high severity level issues that immediately engages highest levels of technical resources and communicates the status to senior executives at both the customer end and at Avid.
- Remote Connectivity
- Avid provides remote support to customers from our global support centers using remote console access and diagnostic tools. Customers are expected to provide remote access to Avid equipment to aid in the diagnosis and troubleshooting process.
- Hardware Coverage at an Additional Fee
- Customers may choose to add Advance Hardware replacement to their Avid Expert coverage for an additional fee that varies by product. Customers with such Hardware Coverage will be entitled to have a replacement part shipped in advance of Avid receiving back the faulty part. Avid will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure Two Business Day dispatch from depot for Expert support plans (excludes weekends and public holidays local to the Avid depot).
- Onsite Support at an Additional Fee
- Onsite assistance is optional and chargeable at Avid's then-current rates (available upon request), together with travel time and expenses, at the time of provision of the service. It is charged on a daily rate that cannot be pro-rated for parts of a day (unless contractually agreed to in advance of a request). Avid will use reasonable efforts to respond to requests for onsite support by providing resources within 14 business days for customers with all of their Avid products covered under an Expert contract. 3