The Casio LK-240 61-Note Keyboard with Lighted, Piano-Style Keys will appeal to both novice and intermediate players with its numerous intelligent learning tools, comprehensive Auto-Accompaniment section, touch-sensitive keys, versatile sound set, and digital audio and MIDI features.
Equipped with a built-in amp and stereo speakers, the LK-240 offers excellent sound quality for practicing and performing. You can use the Auto-Accompaniment section to access over 150 rhythms, bass, and harmony parts in a wide variety of styles. If you want to play along with your favorite song or album, the Audio-In jack lets you run the output of a CD or MP3 player through the keyboard's sound system.
At the heart of the LK-240 are its many educational features. Its light-up keys show you which notes or chords to play when using one of the 110 built-in songs. The Step-Up Lessons teach songs one a phrase at a time, making the learning process easier and less frustrating. If you want to check how well you're doing, turn on Performance Evaluation and you'll get statistics to measure your progress.
Over 400 tones are included on the LK-240, providing a huge range of instrument sounds. You can also choose one of 10 different digital reverbs to add ambience to your tones. Plug in a microphone to the Mic In jack, record a sound with the digital sampling feature, and then play that sound across the keyboard.
Connect the keyboard to your computer (Mac or Windows) via the built-in USB port, and use the LK-240's MIDI capabilities to control music software like Apple GarageBand. The keyboard supports General MIDI Level 1, and can receive on 16 simultaneous MIDI channels.
The LK-240 comes with an AC adapter, but can also be powered by 6 AA batteries. A sheet-music stand and songbook are also included.
- AHL Sound Source
- All built-in tones, including piano and acoustic instrument tones, now sound better than ever before! 48-tone maximum polyphony provides plenty of margin to minimize the chance of notes being dropped when tones are layered and when playing with Auto Accompaniment.
- Piano-Style Keyboard
- An easy-to-play keyboard with an appearance resembling that of an acoustic piano.
- Touch Response
- Touch Response let's you add delicate nuances to notes by varying how much pressure you apply to keyboard keys.
- Digital Effects
- Use effects to add reverb for more depth and breadth in your music.
- Step Up Lessons
- To master a song, it is best to break it up into short phrases, master each of the phrases, and then put everything together. Step Up Lesson does exactly that, providing you with the support you need to improve your play.
- Performance Evaluation
- Your lesson score appears on the display screen.
- Voice Fingering Guide
- If the keyboard senses you are having problems, it will help you by calling out finger numbers in a simulated human voice.
- Lesson Part Select
- Right hand, left hand, both hands.
- 110 Song Bank Tunes Including 20 Exercise Phrases
- Built-in songs cover a wide range of genres for lesson play and for your listening enjoyment. Includes Exercise phrases! (Song book provided.)
- Metronome Feature for Lesson Support
- Helps you stay in time when learning and practicing.
- You can sample a sound from a microphone and then play the sound on the keyboard. You also can use sampled sounds to compose music. The sampling feature is a great way to create new sounds that are highly creative.
- Voice Pad
- Play sampled sounds or sampled sounds with sound effects. A pad also can be used to play a preset percussion sound.
- Audio In Jack
- Connect a digital audio player, CD player, or other audio device and you can play along with music played through the keyboard's speakers.
- MIC IN jack for sing along
- Sing along with built-in songs or songs loaded from outside sources.