The FreeWave Fusion Pro Wireless Flash Trigger and Remote Control for Nikon DSLRs from Vello is a versatile, reliable remote control kit that will trigger off-camera flash units and studio lights from up to 600' away. It can be used to configure up to three different light groups, which can be triggered individually or simultaneously, for a total of seven different combinations, using its multiple groups feature. Simultaneous triggering of multiple lights requires separate purchase of additional FreeWave Fusion Pro Receivers.
The FreeWave Fusion Pro also provides the convenience of a wireless camera shutter release, ideal for photographing wildlife, and also for macro and close-up photos or long exposures, where the slightest camera movement can ruin a picture. Working on the 2.4GHz frequency gives you reduced radio interference and an extended range up to 600' and since radio signals pass through obstructions you don't need to position them in line-of-sight. Four RF channels are available to prevent interference from other users.
The FreeWave Fusion Pro is compatible with most cameras, flash units and studio lights. The transmitter connects to the hot shoe of the camera. In case the hot shoe is needed for another function, the transmitter can alternatively connect to the camera's PC plug via its 3.5mm sync plug (PC cable not included). The transmitter also features a top hot shoe, which fully supports i-TTL metering when used with Nikon TTL compatible components. This allows you to keep a TTL flash mounted on top of the camera, while using the transmitter to control off-camera flash units (in manual mode) via radio signal.
Since the FreeWave Fusion Pro does not transmit TTL settings, use of a flash or light unit with full manual control is recommended. You will need to set the power output manually.
The FreeWave Fusion Pro is compatible with most cameras, flash units and studio lights. However, for flash wake-up functionality and/or high shutter speeds, you will need full Nikon TTL support via your camera, flash and FreeWave Fusion Pro trigger.
This remote does not provide high-voltage sync protection, and is not recommended for use with flash units that have a trigger voltage of more than 6V.
- 2.4GHz Radio Frequency
- Reduced interference and improved wireless signal quality.
- Extended Range
- Range up to 600'
- Use as an individual or group wireless flash trigger, and/or as a shutter release remote trigger.
- Multiple Groups
- Configure up to three different light groups and up to seven different group combinations.
- Flash Sync Speed of Up to 1/200 Sec.
- Take advantage of sync speeds that match the rating of your camera all the way up to 1/200 Sec. on compatible cameras.
- TTL Pass-Through
- The transmitter features a top hot shoe, which fully supports TTL metering when used with TTL compatible components. This pass-through feature allows you to fire both TTL-controlled flash units controlled by the camera and manual units triggered by the transmitter, at the same time.
- Flash Wake Up
- Simply depress the trigger button on the transmitter half-way to pull the flash out of sleep mode. Sleep mode allows the flash to power down in between shooting sessions to extend battery life. The wake-up function is only available when used as part of a complete Nikon TTL system. The wake up function can be switched off for flash units without a sleep mode.
- One receiver works with multiple camera and light models. Just swap out the connecting cables.
- Dual-Function Shutter Release Button
- Press halfway to focus; press fully to trigger shutter.
- LED Indicators
- Confirm pre-focus, shutter release, flash wake-up, and flash trigger in wireless mode.
- Included Shutter Release Cables Support:
Nikon: D1, D1H, D1X, D2, D200, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D300, D300s, D3s, D3x, D4, D700, D800 and D800e
Df, D90, D600, D610, D750, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000 and D7100; CoolPix P7800
Fuji: S3 and S5
All Nikon type TTL flash units
- Optional shutter release cables are available to make the remote control function compatible with other brand camera models.