The Astro Design HD/3G-SDI Sync Generator outputs BB (Black Burst) or HD tri-level synchronization signals, with a high level of stability and accuracy. Equipped with 3 channels providing 2 outputs each (6 outputs total), the generator lets you allocate either BB or HD tri-level sync output to each channel.
Capable of working as a signal generator with 3G/HD-SDI output (1 channel 2 outputs), it can also process external reference input (BB / tri-level) to produce an output sync genlocked with the reference input.
The output sync is phase-adjustable with a pattern generator function providing video output synchronization. It is also equipped with an embedded audio generator function with selectable output channel, amplitude, and frequency. The time code embedded function of the generator is used for synchronization, logging, and identifying audio content. You can save the customized image in the user pattern area via the USB.
- BB / HD tri-level synchronized video output
- BB (Black Burst) - no picture information carried to avoid disturbing the timing signals
- HD tri-level sync - signal that initially goes from 0 volts DC to a negative voltage, then a positive voltage, before returning to 0 volts DC all over again resulting in the elimination of DC offset for easy signal processing
- 6 Outputs (2 Outputs x 3 Channels)
- Assign either BB or HD tri-level sync output to each channel
- Works as a pattern generator with 3G/HD-SDI output (1 channel)
- 15 internal patterns (bars, lip sync etc.) and one picture can be recorded via USB port
- Processes external reference input (BB / tri-level) and outputs sync genlocked with the reference input
- Genlock - video output of one source, or a specific reference signal, is used to synchronize other sources together to ensure the coincidence of signals in time at a combining / mixing / switching point
- Output sync is phase adjustable with a pattern generator function
- 16-channel embedded audio generator function with selectable output channel, amplitude, and frequency
- Compliant to SMPTE299M
- Embedded audio when 1280 x 720 30p/29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p are selected
- Time code embedded function for synchronization, logging, as well as identifying audio content
- VITC/LTC when 1280 x 720 60p/59.94p/50p are selected
- VITC (Vertical Interval Timecode) - form of SMPTE time code embedded as a pair of B&W bars in a video signal, typically inserted into the vertical blanking interval of the video signal, used to encode extra data that will not fit in a standard time code frame
- LTC (Linear Timecode) - encoding of SMPTE time code data as an audio signal provides an even number of AC transitions in each time code frame
- Save the customized image in the user pattern area via the USB