The extra large black Lens Bumper from DeluxGear is designed to protect your lens against bumps, scratches and the incidental contact normally encountered during everyday use. It surrounds the front end of the lens without covering the front element, safeguarding the end of your valuable investment as you shoot. It's made to fit a lens and hood with an outer diameter of 3.9- 4.3". The bumper absorbs shock should your lens bang against a fence, rock or even if you're just leaving the house and your lens swings into a door. Even on days when you're outside and put your lens down on the ground, the Lens Bumper cushions the circumference of the front end of your lens to protect it against scratches and moisture.
The Lens Bumper is made of neoprene and encased in Santoprene, a kind of thermoplastic that is strong, abrasion-resistant and shock absorbing. It's environmentally friendly and can be recycled. Santoprene is used in a wide variety of industrial applications ranging from sports to casters and is especially durable in temperature extremes.
Many photographers wear their cameras around their necks with the lens freely swinging from side to side. Your lens cap or hood doesn't always protect the barrel but the Lens Bumper provides a way to cover the front end of it and make sure no damage occurs. The value of this item is that it prevents costly repairs. And, even if you place the camera and lens on a table and you spill something, your lens will be protected from the moisture.
The Lens Bumper fits snugly over your lens, is easy to install and remove, preserves the resale value of your lens and can be used as an added level of protection if you ship the lens. It is made in the USA and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Protects lens from bumps, scratches, moisture. Surrounds the front end of the lens without covering the front element, safeguarding the end of your valuable investment as you shoot
- Works with filter and cap on lens
- Convenient tether attaches to camera strap, lens or camera body
- Santoprene Material
- The outer core is a thermoplastic rubber that is abrasive-resistant and works well in temperature extremes; recyclable material
- Santoprene is used in a wide variety of industrial and sporting applications; baseball bat grips, caster wheels, gaskets, bottom cushioning for computers, speaker phones and printer rollers
- Environmentally friendly material