With so many criminals using high-tech methods to steal your data, the Symantec Norton Antivirus 12 for Mac (Single User License) is a protective shield that helps prevent data jacking.
The Norton AntiVirus 12 for Mac release is actually a bundle of two products - Norton AntiVirus 12 for Mac, which protects the Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion) operating system, and Norton AntiVirus 11 for Mac for systems running Mac OS X v10.4.11 - 10.6.
The Norton brand is synonymous with safety. It blocks viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots and rootkit, and goes a step further by removing viruses from their spawning points, like emails, instant messages and downloaded files. It will also block browser, OS, and application threats and protects against infected Web sites and help you protect your Mac, iPhoto pictures, iTunes media, iMovie projects and other important data without slowing down your computer.
Threats to Mac computers are not as common as they are to Windows-based PCs, but they still exist. Norton Antivirus 12 gives an extra layer of protection to your data, and safeguards your Mac against future threats.
- AntiVirus Protection
- Protects your Mac, iPhoto pictures, iTunes media, iMovie projects and other important stuff from viruses, spyware and other threats without slowing down your computer.
- Vulnerability Protection
- Prevents cybercriminals from using vulnerabilities in applications and other software to sneak threats onto your Mac.
- Daily Protection Updates
- Runs in the background to protect your Mac® and your stuff from new, late-breaking threats.
- Email and Instant Message Monitoring
- Scans MobileMe, iChat and other IMs for suspicious attachments and other tricks used to steal your identity and your hard-earned money.
- FREE Support 24/7
- Symantec provides free 24/7 chat and phone support for a period of one year from initial product installation.
- Protection options for Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7
- Includes both Norton AntiVirus 12 for Mac (for Mac OS X v10.7) and Norton AntiVirus 11 for Mac (for Mac OS X 10.4.11-10.6 running on Intel and PowerPC-based Macs)