The AD800 Underwater Housing for Nikon D800 / D800E Digital Camera with Ikelite TTL Strobe Connector from Aquatica is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Nikon D800 or D800E digital SLR camera. It has a depth rating of 295' (90 m), which is upgradeable to 426.5' (130 m).
The housing provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical controls. The AD800 housing is the first of its kind from Aquatica to offer access to the Fn and DOF preview buttons. This is accomplished via a unique toggle lever. Various custom functions can be assigned to each of these buttons. The AD800 has dual ergonomic hand grips for easy underwater handling. The housing is constructed from aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel for durability. It is machined on advanced 5-axis computer-assisted machines, then protected by anodizing to North American military specifications for further protection. The housing features corrosion-resistant zinc anodes and a durable powder coating.
The AD800 has an interchangeable lens port system, which will accept a wide variety of wide-angle, zoom and macro lenses. A port is required but sold separately. The housing has one Ikelite TTL strobe connector with 5 active pins. It also features the standard viewfinder. The Aqua View Finder is optional.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 295' (90 m) - upgradeable to 426.5' (130 m)
Provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical controls. Knurled knobs and oversized controls mean easy operation no matter what the situation. The AD800 housing is the first of its kind from Aquatica to offer access to the Fn and DOF preview buttons. This is accomplished via a unique toggle lever. You can assign the following custom functions to the Depth of Field button: Power Aperture (Close), Index Marking in Video mode, and View photo shooting info. To the Fn button, you may assign these custom functions: Select Image area using the Main Command Dial, Convert to depth of field Preview, FV Lock (lock the flash value), AE/AF Lock, AE Lock only, AE Lock (Reset on release), AE Lock (Hold), AF Lock only, AF-ON, Flash Off, Power Aperture (Open), Index Marking in video mode, and View photo shooting info
The housing features an internal flash up/flash down capability, as well as a quick access ISO lever that is thumb activated. AF-L/AE-L and AF-ON button access is now provided with a combined lever and rotating collar that prevents ambient pressure from pushing it back towards the housing. Menu buttons have been angled to provide better access from your left hand. The housing's lens gear system has a smaller housing pinion gear and a larger lens gear, allowing for smoother action while zooming in during a video sequence
On the left hand side of the housing, the buttons and mode selector control are angled and positioned for quicker access to the various functions. On the right hand the record lever has been relocated closer to your index. The Live View toggle remains within easy reach. The multi controller pad found on the Nikon D800 is made accessible and its SET button has been enlarged
- Carefully crafted from a selected alloy of aircraft grade aluminum, with Type 304 stainless steel controls--the same steel used in the aerospace industry--to prevent breakage and rusting. Housing is built on sophisticated 5-axis computer-assisted machines, then protected by anodizing to North American military specifications for additional protection. The housing has corrosion-resistant zinc anodes and a durable powder coating. A newly designed camera tray smoothly and precisely positions the camera in the housing and is easily disengaged by a simple push on a tab. The zoom actuating pinion gear and the lens release lever pull out to allow you to remove the camera from the back while keeping a lens and zoom gear attached. The fact that the housing is built in Canada means it has been exposed long-term to one of the world's most rugged diving environments, helping to ensure its durability and reliability
- Lens Port System
- Interchangeable port system accepts an array of wide-angle, zoom and macro lenses. A port is required but sold separately. Choose from 4 different dome ports and a macro port. See Port Chart
- Strobe Use
- One Ikelite TTL strobe connector with 5 active pins. This connector can only be used with the Ikelite # 4301 / 4301.2 TTL converter (sold separately). Manual exposure is possible by switching the Ikelite 4301 / 4301.2 converter to manual. You can connect up to 2 Ikelite strobes via an optional dual sync cord. Aquatica's connectors are now user-serviceable and replacing them is done quickly, without the need for any special tool, in a matter of minutes
- A total of 3 access holes are provided to accept various external accessories, such as Aquatica's remote trigger (# 19304), external monitors, and more. Both hand grips have mounting holes ready to accept the mounting bracket of Aquatica's TLC lighting arm system, as well as various other lighting arms. An extra mounting point for a focus/video light or other accessories is on top of the housing, and three additional mounting points are provided on the bottom for various brackets, tripods and other support systems
- Additional Features
- Configured with the standard viewfinder. The Aqua View Finder is optional. The standard is a coated Galileo type eye piece that gives a bright and full view. The Aqua View Finder provides an enlarged, enhanced image with sharp quality corner to corner, which is a great aid to shot composition and critical focusing