The 14x41 Stedi-Eye Monolite Stabilized Monocular with Hard Case from Fraser-Volpe is an advanced electro-optical device designed for long-range observations from an unstable viewing platform. Fraser-Volpe has developed electro-optics for the US Military since 1972 and is an industry leader in the production of next generation optical stabilization. Their rigorous and high-minded approach to designing, prototyping, and manufacturing world-class products has earned Fraser-Volpe a reputation in both industrial and defense markets. Stedi-Eye series optics are manufactured in the United States and feature a rugged housing ready to withstand long-term use in demanding conditions. This Law Enforcement configuration of the Monolite includes an extended three-year manufacturer warranty as well as Fraser-Volpe's Advanced Lens Cleaning Kit for maintaining exposed lens surfaces.
The Monolite uses gyro stabilization technology to correct up to 98% of image motion caused by hand tremor and platform motion. This is especially useful for law enforcement personnel and first responders observing from a marine vessel, moving vehicle, or helicopter. When the optical housing pitches and/or rolls, the gyro mechanism compensates for the motion by mechanically orienting the prisms in opposite direction. This process of stabilization occurs in real time and corrects motion on the pitch and roll axes within 8 degrees. The weatherproof housing, fully multicoated optics, and adjustable diopter make the Monolite a full-featured monocular for first responders and tactical professionals.
This item is only available to US Military and law enforcement agencies
- Gyro Stabilization
- Gyro Stabilization technology uses angular momentum generated by a gyro to compensate for movement of the optical housing. When the optical housing moves in one direction, the gyro mechanism moves in the opposite direction and reorients prisms to stabilize the transmitted image. This stabilization technique happens in real time, as opposed to electronic stabilization, and corrects pitch and roll motion within 8 degrees. The Monolite is capable of correcting up to 98% of image motion caused by hand tremor and platform motion.
- The 14x magnification is well suited for long-range viewing on the water, in the air, and on the road. Gyro stabilization ensures that transmitted images will be rock steady despite the hand tremor commonly visible through high magnification optics. Impressive 4.3 arc second resolution and an 8 degree scan rate ensure that the Monolite is ready to handle a wide range of commercial and law enforcement applications.
- Anti-Reflective Coated Optics
- Fraser-Volpe's proprietary composite optical coating minimizes unwanted reflections and maximizes light transmission through the optical channel. By adding multiple layers to each lens surface, engineers created a system that produces bright images with rich contrast.
- Law Enforcement Edition
- This configuration of the Monolite is only available to law enforcement agencies. Although the features and specifications of the Monolite are identical to non-Law Enforcement Editions, this model includes an extended three-year manufacturer warranty as well as Fraser-Volpe's Advanced Lens Cleaning Kit for maintaining exposed lens surfaces.