The 14x40 Stedi-Eye Mariner Stabilized Binocular with Pouch from Fraser-Volpe is an advanced electro-optical device designed for long-range observations from unstable viewing platforms on the ground, in the air, or at sea. Fraser-Volpe has developed electro-optics for the US Military since 1972 and is an industry leader in the production of next generation optical stabilization. Their rigorous and high-minded approach to designing, prototyping, and manufacturing world-class products has earned Fraser-Volpe a reputation in both industrial and defense markets. Stedi-Eye series optics are manufactured in the United States and are designed to withstand long-term use in demanding weather conditions.
The Mariner uses gyro stabilization technology to correct up to 98% of image motion caused by hand tremor and platform motion. This technology is especially useful for law enforcement personnel and first responders observing from a marine vessel, moving vehicle, or helicopter. When in high-speed pursuit or conducting aerial and marine surveillance, the Mariner's stabilized viewing platform can be the difference between mission success and failure. As the optical housing pitches and/or rolls, the gyro mechanism compensates for the motion by mechanically orienting the prisms in the opposite direction. This process of stabilization occurs in real time and corrects motion on the pitch and roll axes within 8 degrees. All configurations of the Mariner series are built to the same construction standards as Fraser-Volpe's military spec optics. The weatherproof/buoyant housing, fully multicoated optics, and supplemental external power supply make the Mariner a full-featured binocular for first responders and tactical professionals.
- Gyro Stabilization
- Gyro Stabilization technology uses angular momentum generated by a gyro to compensate for movement of the optical housing. When the optical housing moves in one direction, the gyro mechanism moves in the opposite direction and reorients prisms to stabilize the viewed image. This stabilization technique happens in real time, as opposed to electronic stabilization, and corrects up to 98% of pitch and roll motion within 8 degrees of freedom.
- The 14x magnification is well suited for long-range viewing in the air, at sea, and on land. Gyro stabilization ensures that transmitted images will remain steady despite the hand tremor commonly visible through high magnification optics. A 4.3 arc second resolution and an 8 degree scan rate ensure that the Mariner is ready to handle a wide range of law enforcement applications.
- Anti-Reflective Coated Optics
- Fraser-Volpe's proprietary compound optical coatings minimize unwanted reflections and maximize light transmission through the optical channels, resulting in enhanced image brightness and contrast.
- Stedi-Eye Cam Compatible
- This CCD recording device attaches to an ocular of any Stedi-Eye series binocular and transmits 512x492 video for remote monitoring or recording.