The Beachtek DXA-SLR MINI PRO HDSLR Audio Adapter is designed to enhance audio quality with virtually any HDSLR camera by providing high-quality left and right 3.5 mm inputs, as well as a stereo 3.5 mm input. It also features AGC disabling, built-in limiting, headphone monitoring, comprehensive metering and more.
Each channel features a gain control switch with 0 and 15dB settings, and the low-noise preamplifiers and throughput ensure pristine audio quality, wide frequency response and detail. The AGC (Automatic Gain Control) disabling feature eliminates audio level fluctuations that can ruin an otherwise good take. The unit is built tough, mounts to the base of HDSLR cameras, and its rear mounted VU meter displays level in 3 dB increments.
- Mini-Jack Inputs
- Device has left and right inputs for mono mics and a stereo input for a stereo microphone
- Each channel features a switchable 15dB gain switch
- Limiters protect against noise and distortion caused by unpredictable peaks and loud signals
- AGC Disable
- The AGC Disable feature allows the camera to record clean audio without wavering levels caused by the camera's AGC compensation
- VU Meter
- Comprehensive VU metering with an intuitive LCD screen mounted on the back. The meter levels in 3dB increments
- Headphone Output
- The headphone output enables the monitoring from the adapter during recording. The camera's audio playback can be monitored with the A/V output connected to the adapter, rather than having to listen via the camera's built-in speaker
- Low Noise preamplifiers
- The adapter's low-noise, low distortion and wide-frequency response preamps ensure superb audio quality