This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The 14x40 Stedi-Eye PM25 Stabilized Binocular with Hard Case from Fraser-Volpe is an advanced electro-optical device designed for long-range observations from unstable viewing platforms on the ground, in the air, or at sea. Fraser-Volpe has developed electro-optics for the US Military since 1972 and is an industry leader in the production of next generation optical stabilization. Their rigorous and high-minded approach to designing, prototyping, and manufacturing world-class products has earned Fraser-Volpe a reputation in both industrial and defense markets. Stedi-Eye series optics are manufactured in the United States and are designed to withstand long-term use in demanding weather conditions.
The PM25 uses gyro stabilization technology to correct up to 98% of image motion caused by hand tremor and platform motion. This technology is especially useful for law enforcement personnel and first responders observing from a marine vessel, moving vehicle, or helicopter. When in high-speed pursuit or conducting aerial and marine surveillance, the PM25's stabilized viewing platform can be the difference between mission success and failure. As the optical housing pitches and/or rolls, the gyro mechanism compensates for the motion by mechanically orienting the prisms in the opposite direction. This process of stabilization occurs in real time and corrects motion on the pitch and roll axes within 8 degrees. All configurations of the PM25 series are built to the same construction standards as Fraser-Volpe's military spec optics. The sighting reticle, weatherproof/buoyant housing, fully multicoated optics, and supplemental external power supply make the PM25 a full-featured binocular for military personnel and tactical professionals.
Note: Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State office of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulation, Parts 120-130, and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce. For further information contact the Office of Defense Trade Control and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Gyro Stabilization
- Gyro Stabilization technology uses angular momentum generated by a gyro to compensate for movement of the optical housing. When the optical housing moves in one direction, the gyro mechanism moves in the opposite direction and reorients prisms to stabilize the viewed image. This stabilization technique happens in real time, as opposed to electronic stabilization, and corrects up to 98% of pitch and roll motion within 8 degrees of freedom.
- The 14x magnification is well suited for long-range viewing in the air, at sea, and on land. Gyro stabilization ensures that transmitted images will remain steady despite the hand tremor commonly visible through high magnification optics. A 4.3 arc second resolution and an 8 degree scan rate ensure that the PM25 is ready to handle a wide range of law enforcement applications.
- Anti-Reflective Coated Optics
- Fraser-Volpe's proprietary compound optical coatings minimize unwanted reflections and maximize light transmission through the optical channels, resulting in enhanced image brightness and contrast.
- Stedi-Eye Cam Compatible
- This CCD recording device attaches to an ocular of any Stedi-Eye series binocular and transmits 512x492 video for remote monitoring or recording.