The 2 TB WD Red SATA 3.5" NAS Hard Drive from WD is designed for a unique 24x7 operating environment and demanding system requirements of home and small office NAS. It features an enhanced dual-plane balance control technology, which significantly improves overall drive performance and reliability.WD's innovative energy efficient technology reduces power consumption and lowers the operating temperature. The built-in NASware technology enables seamless integration, robust data protection and optimal performance for systems operating in NAS and RAID environments.
- NAS Compatibility
- The WD Red Hard Drive features NASware technology. This advanced firmware technology enables seamless integration, robust data protection and optimal performance for systems operating in NAS and RAID environments.
- NASware Grows to 3.0
- NASware 3.0 allows you to further optimize this WD Red drive for the NAS environment with added support for 6 to 8 NAS bays. WD Red now supports small NAS systems from 1 to 8 bays thanks to NASware 3.0, which further improves drive compatibility and reliability. At 48 TB of total capacity in an 8 bay system, WD Red expands your NAS experience.
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system that would reduce the life span of the hard drives and degrade their performance over time. The enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves overall drive performance and reliability.
- Enhanced Reliability
- The WD Red Hard Drive, with a 35% MTBF improvement over standard desktop drives, is designed and manufactured to be a reliable and robust solution.
- The WD Red Hard Drive is specifically designed and tested for small offices and home offices' 1-5 bay NAS systems.
- IntelliPower is a fine-tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate and caching algorithms designed to deliver both significant power savings and solid performance. Additionally, the WD Red Hard Drives consume less current during startup, reducing the peak loads on systems during the boot process.
- Premium Support
- WD offers free dedicated 24x7 support line exclusively for WD Red Hard Drive customers.* 1
- Energy Efficient
- The innovative technology of the drive reduces the power consumption and lowers the operating temperature making the WD Red Hard Drive a reliable and an affordable solution for 24x7 NAS environments.