The TPE-TG80G 8-Port Gigabit GREENnet PoE+ Switch from TrendNet allows for easy convenient network configuration. You can take advantage of a variety of features that make this switch easy to setup and manage. Initially, the Plug and Play functionality gets you going with minimal setup needed. Once plugged in you can then take advantage of the Power over Ethernet capabilities of this switch. Power over Ethernet, or PoE, enables you to run power through the Ethernet cabling to compatible devices, eliminating the need for additional power sources.
The full duplex ports found on this switch enable consistent data transfer. Full duplex ports allow for simultaneous data transfer not only increasing data speeds but efficiency as data no longer has to wait to be transferred. The TrendNet switch gives you more ports, thus allowing for more connections. With an enhanced switching capacity you have the expanded ability to transfer more data faster.
With integrated LED indicators you no longer need to delve into the configuration settings of the switch to display its various aspects. The on-off switch allows for increased power efficiency, making it simple to turn off the switch when not in use. If you have non PoE devices connected to the switch, the switch automatically recognizes them, cutting the power to those devices to conserve power.
- Power Over Ethernet
- Power over Ethernet, or PoE technology, describes a system to pass electrical power safely, along with data, over Ethernet cabling. The TrendNet PoE switch allows for Power Over Ethernet capability, which in turn helps to reduce equipment cost by delivering data and power over existing network cables. By providing power over Ethernet cabling you now have the ability to utilize various components such as IP security cameras, network routers, network webcams, wireless access points, remote point of sale kiosks and a variety of devices compatible with power over Ethernet.
- 10/100Mbps Full Duplex PoE Ports
- The 10/100Mbps full duplex PoE ports found on the TrendNet Switch work by making simultaneous use of two physical pairs of twisted cable inside the jacket, wherein one pair is used for receiving packets while the other is used for sending packets. This effectively makes the cable itself a collision-free environment and doubles the maximum data capacity that can be supported by the connection. Some of the benefits of utilizing a full duplex configuration include increased efficiency, availability of full data capacity in both directions, and the eliminated need for nodes having to wait until others complete their transmission.
- Plug and Play
- Plug and play is a term used to describe the characteristics of a variety of computer devices and peripherals. The TrendNet Switch can be referred to as a plug and play device as there is minimal configuration necessary to get the device up and running.
- Diagnostic LEDs
- With diagnostic LEDs you have the ability to see the status of the network. With LEDs displaying power, link/activity, and PoE/status you no longer have to dig into the configuration settings of the switch to see just how well the switch is performing.