The black with white grid pattern Newt Backpack from OGIO is a slightly smaller version of OGIO's Newt II but don't be deceived by the difference. The Newt remains a viable backpack that can accommodate its load with strength and style. Like the Newt II, the Newt can handle your 17" laptop but does not have a separate pocket for your iPad. Still, there's room for files and documents in its rear side access compartment that also holds the laptop.
The Newt is made of a combination of 420D, 1680D, 900D, 600D and 300D dobby (woven) nylon. It also uses OGIO's IFOM Technology (Integrated Foam Technology) to protect its contents. The back panel is designed with OGIO's Air Flow System (AFS) that helps keep you comfortable while out and about.
The outside of the pack features two different sized front zippered pockets. The smaller one holds your compact point/shoot digital camera and phone while the larger one has can hold a small notebook and more as well as your keys on the included ring. The inside of the pack contains various compartments to help you organize your belongings.
The Newt is carried by its adjustable dual-density foam backpack straps with soft neck seams or its top grab handle. At only 1.8 lb, this pack doesn't add much bulk to your back but will help you carry all your computer gear for business or educational purposes. It's backed by OGIO's limited lifetime warranty.
- Padded side entry laptop compartment with mouse trap and file sleeve
- Media and valuables pouches
- Array of utility pockets and internal compartments
- iFOM Technology - Integrated foam protection system
- Organization panel and accessory pockets
- Padded dual-density foam ergonomic shoulder straps with Soft Neck seams
- Air Flow System (AFS) technology premium back panel
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 37.0" (94.0 cm)