The pair of black 8” High Power Ceiling Subwoofer Assembly from Behringer is designed for a wide variety of fixed-installation applications. Delivering deep, powerful lows that complement full-range ceiling loudspeakers, the subwoofer is suitable for distributed systems in conference centers, hotels, casinos, and other venues that require rich, full reproduction of music, voice, and AV sources.
Featuring an 8” (203.2mm) woofer with 160W maximum power capacity, the high-performance ST208S system accurately reproduces demanding low-end material for a clean and full sound. Operating mode and power are selected with a front-mounted 5-position rotary switch that sets the loudspeaker to operate either in low-impedance mode (8Ω) or at one of the supported wattages for operation at 70V (10, 20, 40, or 80W) or 100V (20, 40, or 80W). Overload circuitry is included to protect the loudspeaker from excessive peaks, thereby reducing the expense and complexity of including subwoofers in a distributed speaker system.
The ST208S Subwoofer is housed in a ported reflex back can that is constructed of rigid, zinc-coated steel for enhanced bass response. The 13.7" (347.9mm) cylindrical assembly is designed for easy blind installation in ceiling tiles using the C-ring support bars (included) and backing plates, and features a seismic restraint that secures it to the building’s structure via a steel cable. The amplifiers are connected via a 4-pole Euroblock connector and an extended black grille with smoked-chrome rim replaces the standard ceiling-fixture trim ring, giving the subwoofer a classy look that makes it suitable for highly finished spaces.
- High performance 8" (203.2mm) high efficiency, direct-radiating cone transducer with low frequency driver in a ported bass reflex design
- Sealed enclosure to ensure optimum low frequency response regardless of installation conditions
- Back of the enclosure has a recessed connection well, protected by a connection cover, and conduit clamps to secure wiring
- Ported reflex enclosure for outstanding bass response
- High sound quality and uniform dispersion
- Overload circuitry for driver protection
- Black, powder-coated steel grille with smoked-chrome rim for a unique look (no trim ring) that complements any decor
- 12" (304.8mm) deep back can of zinc-coated steel for common ceiling space installations with 4 mounting clamps and extruded plastic guide tubes, which deploy to secure the speaker to the ceiling material
- Professional 4-pole Euroblock connector (included)
- 4-position rotary power select switch offers access to power taps at 70 / 100V plus direct 8Ω Low-Impedance Drive mode
- Easy tile mount with steel support bars, split C-ring backing plate, and seismic restraint
- 180° nominal dispersion for maximum coverage and 100W rms power handling capacity with integral 80W 70 / 100V matching transformer
- Built in crossover and driver protection
- Detachable full face, powder-coated steel grill with foam backing extends to subtle metal edge trim
- Designed for blind fit installation
- Safety code compliant (UL1480 and UL2043 rated) 1