The Hitachi CP-A222WN LCD Projector is a fully-featured 2,200 lumens XGA projector with a native resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. It can be attached to a local area network using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly with an optional USB adapter. Embedded networking gives you the ability to manage and control multiple projectors over your LAN (scheduling of events, centralized reporting, image transfer, and email alerts). By using a USB memory stick or other storage device, you can use the projector without a computer.
The CP-A222WN is part of Hitachi's Ultra Short Throw Series. It combines an array of advanced features in a compact, portable design suited for classrooms of any size. The model features a high contrast ratio, long lamp life and cloning function enabling you to copy settings data from one projector to others of the same model via USB memory. Hitachi's Intelligent Eco Mode with ImageCare combines optimal picture performance with maximum energy savings for a lower total cost of ownership. For added peace of mind, the CP-A222WN is backed by a generous warranty and Hitachi's service and support programs.
- Ultra Short Throw Technology
- The CP-A222WN can create a 60" picture with only 3.8-inches between the projector's leading edge and the screen. At the back of the projector is a flip-up mirror that relays the picture from the lens, so the actual distance between mirror and screen in this case is 15.9". A 100" size image can be achieved at 13.9" away from the front of the projector or 26-inches factoring in the distance from mirror to screen.
- Tabletop Presentation
- The projector is typically mounted on a ceiling near the screen, but you could also turn any tabletop into a projection screen using the optional tabletop stand. The latter is ideal for a small group environment or in a room with limited space.
- Direct Connect via USB, VGA or HDMI Inputs
- You can plug and play from a computer using an optional Type A Male to Type B Male USB 2.0 cable or the included 15-pin VGA cable. The projector sports two VGA inputs with accompanying audio jacks. You'll want to use the projector's HDMI input for other types of source components like Blu-ray Disc and DVD players or cable TV boxes.
- PC-Less Presentation
- By using a USB memory stick or other storage device, you can use the projector without a computer. Menus are easy to see with a thumbnail display. Additionally there is also a slideshow function.
- Present Content via a LAN
- Hitachi's suite of networking software allows you to easily send content directly from your PC to the projector via your LAN connection.
- Wireless Presentation Ready
- You can use a wireless network by connecting the projector to a computer using the optional USB wireless adapter part number USBWL11N. The adapter supports IEEE802.11b/g and the latest 11n.
- Projector Quick Connection iOS App
Projector Quick Connection is an application that enables you to send photo files, document files and Web site contents to compatible Hitachi projectors over a wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) connection using your iPad or iPhone. It enables users to monitor and control multiple Hitachi projectors from a single device with access to four different pages: Projector, Contents, Control and Settings.
-Display photo images, document files and websites using your compatible Hitachi projector
-Support "Open In...." to import files that you wish to display
-Find projectors on the network automatically by using the Auto Discovery function
-Supports up to four (4) devices at the same time including iPad
-Built-in basic projector control command such as power, switching input source and others
-Supports slide show function for photo file
-Change name of input source buttons
-Download and Upload document files automatically into iCloud
Supported files for projection:
-Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
-Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
-Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
-JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg)
Projection remote control functions:
iPad, iPad2, New iPad (The third-generation iPad)
iOS 5.1.1 or later version is required
- ImageCare Technology
- ImageCare is a lamp power control function that combines optimal picture performance with maximum energy savings by decreasing energy usage, improving contrast ratio and lengthening lamp life. The result is a lower total cost of ownership and decreased maintenance cost.
- Input Source Naming
- Users can name input sources in simple language instead of factory default name.
- Cloning Function
- The CP-A222WN incorporates a cloning function which enables you to copy settings data from one projector to others of the same model via USB memory.
- Drawing Function Option
- The optional Hitachi TB-1 wireless tablet and pen allows you to engage your audience by annotating over images shown on the projector.
- Network Control, Maintenance and Security
- Embedded networking gives you the ability to manage and control multiple projectors over your LAN. Features include scheduling of events, centralized reporting, image transfer and e-mail alerts for reactive and routine maintenance.
- PJMessenger function allows you to send and display text messages and audio alerts on your networked projectors. It is an easy and efficient way to send announcements out to multiple units.
- Template Function
- Line templates in the projector menu can help when writing on a whiteboard. There are four types of line templates to choose from.
- PIN Lock / MyScreen / MyText
- PIN lock protection can limit projector users. MyScreen PIN lock keeps captured images on the startup screen. Users can set any name logo to MyScreen, clearly identifying ownership. MyText provides the ability to write text on the startup screen such as model name, serial number or location.
- Built-in Speaker
- A 10-watt speaker is built into the projector along with an RCA jack (L/R) stereo line output for connection to an external sound system.
- Microphone Input
- A microphone can be used via the jack located on the input panel. It allows for more dynamic presentations even in standby mode.