The TM-50 Combination Tuner & Metronome by Korg serves as both a utility and practice tool. It handles everything from basic tuning and a simple quarter note pulse, to pitch training and customizable subdivision.
The TM-50 allows you to use the tuner and metronome simultaneously. It features a two-level backlit LCD display, a newly designed virtual needle for fast tuning response, and even greater accuracy. The TM-50 is the perfect daily practice partner that will support your development as a performer.
- Newly Designed Virtual Needle with Extremely Fast Response
- The TM-50 features a redesigned meter display, allowing pitch to be accurately shown without any time lag. This extremely fast response to audio input will eliminate the problem of pitches passing by before they can be displayed accurately. This makes the TM-50 an excellent practice tool to develop stable and drift-free pitch.
- Sound Out: Reference Tones
- The Sound Out function produces a reference tone from the TM-50's internal speaker or headphones. You can specify the reference tone in a three-octave range from C3 to C6, which covers a wide variety of instruments.
- Sound Back: Nearest Reference Tone
- The TM-50 tuner can detect and inform you of pitch discrepancies, also it serves as a tool to help you hear and produce the correct pitch. As the tuner detects pitch, it sounds the nearest reference tone while the meter shows the difference. The pitch is indicated in both visual and audible form, training your sense of pitch.
- Beyond Equal Temperament
- Incorrect pitch is particularly noticeable for harmonic intervals of a third, yet by slightly skewing the equal-tempered pitch, you can obtain a more pure-sounding harmony. The meter scale of the TM-50 provides marks that indicate pure major and minor thirds relative to a given pitch. This is convenient for wind instruments, as well as vocal or a cappella practice.
- Fifteen Rhythm Variations
- Variations helpful for practicing a broad range of musical styles, including classical, rock, and jazz. The volume can also be adjusted, so you'll be able to use the metronome in any situation.
- Two Types of Tempo Step Pattern
- When setting the tempo, you can choose either "pendulum steps" where the tempo will increment or decrement in the same numerical steps as on a mechanical metronome, or "full steps" which allows you to specify any tempo between 30 and 252 in one-step increments. In addition, you can also use the tap tempo input to specify the desired tempo simply by pressing a switch in time with the beat.
- Enhanced Visibility
- The large LCD display has a backlight that lets you adjust the brightness in two levels. This ensures excellent visibility, even when you're performing on a dim stage or in an orchestra pit.
- Memory Backup and Auto Power-Off
- When you turn off the power, the TM-50 will remember the tempo, beat, rhythm, calibration, and reference tone settings you last specified. The Auto Power-Off feature will power the TM-50 down after twenty minutes without any sound input.