The iO Mix from Alesis turns an iPad into a portable studio capable of recording multiple microphones or instruments directly into GarageBand or any other compatible Core Audio app. All the basic connections are provided, including four combo XLR-1/4" input jacks, and balanced stereo 1/4" outputs. A 1/4" headphone output is also available.
There are no dongle connections or USB cables needed since the iPad integrates seamlessly within the familiar mixing console setup, and is completely enclosed and secure. Further, it allows for connecting virtually any piece of recording gear to an iPad - microphones, instruments, speakers, headphones and more.
Each input channels features trim, channel gain, pan, and low and high EQ controls located on the front of the unit. High-pass filters are available on each channel to eliminate low-frequency interference in live mixing and recording situations. Switchable 48V phantom will power condenser microphones, while a guitar-direct switch makes guitar recording easy. A switchable limiter delivers clip-free recordings.
With the iPad in place, the combo is the perfect portable studio. Not only that, access to other audio or multimedia apps is always available, while wireless audio playback is possible using Bluetooth enabled speakers. A video output makes it perfect for everything, from presentations and corporate meetings to home entertainment and live performance visuals.
- Mixer/multi-channel interface for iPad
- Mix and record up to four channels, or a stereo mix into an iPad
- Works with microphones, instruments, speakers, headphones, video monitors and projectors
- Four combo XLR-1/4" input channels, each with trim, channel gain, pan, and low and high EQ
- 48V phantom power for use with studio condenser microphones (switchable in pairs)
- Guitar-direct (DI) switch for guitar recording without an amp
- Balanced stereo 1/4" outputs and 1/4" headphone output with separate volume controls
- Direct Monitor switch for latency-free input monitoring while recording
- Switchable limiter for clip-free recordings
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures the iPad
- Core Audio-compliant - works with virtually any app in the App Store
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors, perfect for presentations, meetings and VJs
- Mountable to a microphone stand using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately)
- Complete routing and signal-management controls
- Power supply also charges the iPad