This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The SeaLife ReefMaster Mini Underwater Digital Camera is a compact dive camera for capturing high-quality images and video beneath the surface. Its 9MP CMOS sensor produces clear JPEG images and enables you to record 640x480 (VGA) AVI videos at 30fps. The camera has an impressive depth rating of 200' (60 m). It is equipped with a built-in 7.9mm (35mm equivalent: 45mm) f/3 lens. The included Mini Wide Angle Lens has 0.65X magnification for about a 35% wider field of view and a minimum shooting distance of 1' (0.3 m). The wide-angle lens enables you to get closer to your subject and fit more in the frame. This cuts down on the distortion caused by the water. The ReefMaster Mini has a 2.4" TFT color LCD monitor for framing and viewing playback.
The camera's red rubber grip pad offers a more secure hold, whether you're on land or underwater. Should you lose your grip despite this, the ReefMaster Mini's rubber-armored shell protects it against drops from as high as 6' (1.8 m). For controlling the camera, the 3 buttons are spread apart widely enough to make them easily accessible even if you're wearing gloves.
Select the best mode for the situation from several options. Land Auto mode is designed for above-the-surface shooting. Underwater, use Dive or Snorkel modes to control exposure and restore absorbed colors. The Ext Flash mode works with an optional external flash, such as the Digital Pro Flash (SL961), to enhance color and increase brightness beneath the water's surface. Spy Mode takes a continuous stream of photos at set intervals.
9MP CMOS Sensor
- The heart of the camera, this sensor excels at shooting in the low-light situations common underwater. Capture JPEG images and record 640x480 (VGA) AVI videos at 30fps with sound
200' Depth Rating
- Descend 70' (21.3 m) deeper with the ReefMaster Mini than you can with its sibling, the Mini II
45mm f/3 Lens
- The 7.9mm focal length is equivalent to 45mm in 35mm format. The aperture is f/3
Wide-Angle Lens Included
- Has 0.65X magnification for about a 35% wider field of view, and a minimum shooting distance of 1' (0.3 m), enabling you to get closer to your subject and fit more in the frame. This cuts down on the distortion caused by the water. The lens is constructed from fully multi-coated optical glass. Please note that it has a depth rating of 130' (39.6 m)
- TFT color monitor for framing and viewing playback
Designed to Prevent and Withstand Drops
- The camera features a red rubber grip pad that provides a more secure hold. This is especially useful for underwater shooting, but also comes in handy on land. To safeguard against drops, the camera has a rubber-armored shell for shockproofing to 6' (1.8 m)
Controls Tailored to Underwater Use
- The three function buttons are positioned widely enough apart to make them easily accessible, even if you're wearing gloves
Shooting Modes to Suit the Situation
- Choose from the following modes: Land Auto mode for action photos and videos on dry ground; Dive and Snorkel modes for underwater exposure control and color correction, so the hues in your pictures don't turn into muted shades of blue anymore; Ext Flash mode for working with external flash to enhance color and brightness beneath the surface; and Spy Mode for automatically shooting continuous pictures at set time intervals
- Developed specifically to improve color in low-light conditions underwater. Also enables you to use the camera with the optional SL961 Digital Pro Flash to restore colors absorbed by the water, or with the SL980 500-lumen Photo/Video Light to evenly illuminate your subject with no hot spots
Compatible with SD / SDHC Memory Cards
- Slot supports cards up to 8GB in capacity. An SD / SDHC card reader is included with the camera
- Simple design feature prevents the accidental opening of memory card slot or battery compartment