Curl up with a good book or two, or 1,300 for that matter, with the matte black Sony PRS-T2 eReader with Free Harry Potter Book. Chief among the features of this eReader is its Wi-Fi connectivity and access to the public library for wireless lending -- so you can start building your library of eBooks right away. EPUB, PDF, and Text formats are all supported, whether the books are transferred to the device wirelessly or not.
The PRS-T2 is small and feather-light (less than half a pound), making it easy to carry wherever you go. The 6" screen also provides the option to use two fingers when navigating the touch screen. This feature allows you to utilize scroll, rotate, pinch open and close, and secondary right click functions. Of course you can still choose to use the included stylus for navigation or hand writing. Using the buttons at the bottom of the screen is an option as well. Additionally, a quick response virtual keyboard is at your disposal.
When it comes to the actual reading, the PRS-T2 features what Sony calls a "natural experience" display that's easy on the eyes. The E Ink Pearl E-Paper mimics real paper, which allows you to read as long as you wish. And with the long-life battery that lasts twice as long as its predecessor -- two months, with the wireless turned off -- you can do just that! Having enough reading material to last that long isn't an issue either. The PRS-T2 allows for content purchasing and sharing from the Sony Reader Store, other tethered and wireless devices you own, the public library, and online aggregators.
Additionally, step-up features allow you to share content wherever you are. With the Facebook feature, you can post a short passage from books purchased from the Reader Store to Facebook directly from your Reader along with the book cover, author and title.
With Evernote, you can save web content to enjoy any time. Evernote's Web Clipper allows saving content with a click, and pages saved with Evernote Clearly are optimized for the Reader's crisp E-Ink display. Favorite passages can also be annotated on Reader and saved back to Evernote for viewing later on any smartphone, tablet or PC. Along with the PRS-T2, you'll also get a complimentary eBook download of the first book of the Harry Potter series, 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.'
- Natural Reading Experience
- Enjoy a natural reading experience with smooth page transitions and less flickering
- Public Library Downloads Over Wi-Fi
- Borrow free eBooks from your local public library using the dedicated public library icon and a Wi-Fi connection
- Wi-Fi Access to Reader Store
- Shop thousands of eBooks, newspapers, and magazines at Reader Store, and discover your next story with new recommendations each week
- Generous Battery Life
- Read for up to two months on a single battery charge
- Six Built-in Dictionaries
- Utilize the six built-in dictionaries to look up a word or translate into English, French or Spanish
- Ad-Free Reading
- Enjoy your favorite titles on the Reader without the distraction of advertisements