Telestream's Wirecast Studio with HDV for Mac allows you to stream professional-looking live broadcasts from any location with just a camera, computer and an Internet connection.
- Camera Support
Microsoft Lifecam Cinema
FaceTime HD (built-in)
SDI, HDMI, DV/HDV:
Canon Vixia HV30/40 (HDV)
Sony PMW-EX1R (HDV)
Sony HVR-V1U (HDV)
Canon XA10 (HDMI)
Canon XF100 (Has HDMI output as well as an HD-SDI model)
Sony PMW-EX1R (Has HDMI, HDV, and HD-SDI outputs)
- Capture Card Support
HD Game Broadcaster (DirectShow integration, Windows only)
Blackmagic: (Blackmagic SDK integration, Mac & Windows)
Decklink SDI, Duo, Studio, HD Extreme 3D, Quad - PCIe
Intensity Extreme - Thunderbolt
Intensity Pro - PCIe
Intensity Shuttle - USB 3
Intensity Shuttle - Thunderbolt
Ultrastudio 3D - Thunderbolt
Ultrastudio SDI - USB 3
Osprey: (DirectShow integration, Windows)
Matrox VS4 (SDK integration, Windows only)
Matrox MXO2 (SDK integration, Windows only)
Matrox MXO2 (QuickTime integration, Mac only) - Thunderbolt, Express/34, PCIe
New! IO XT (QuickTime, Mac only)
New! Kona LHi (QuickTime, Mac only)
- Support for other Input Devices
- LiveU portable 3G/4G backpack - LU60
- Broadcast Your Desktop Using Built-in Desktop Presenter
- Broadcast the desktop of another computer during your webcasts. This is perfect for showing PowerPoint or Keynote presentations, training webcasts and product demonstrations as well as for broadcasting live interviews using Skype or other chat clients. Desktop Presenter is a free application for transmitting a computer's desktop across the network into Wirecast. You can download and install on as many machines as you like.
- SDK for Added Integration
- Telestream is continuing to add support and integration for 3rd party capture cards, cameras and input devices. And with Wirecast's SDK for partners, camera and device manufacturers can create their own source plugins for Wirecast. If your favorite device is not yet supported, you are encouraged to contact your device manufacturer and let them know about Telestream's SDK.
- Multiple user-definable layers
- Keep even the most complex projects organized with Wirecast's multiple layer support, allowing up to 35 layers of live compositing. Easily place a background music track or a watermark over your webcast that stays active even when switching between multiplecameras and shots.
- Add polish to your broadcast by using professional-looking transitions as you switch between your cameras and sources. Generate transitions and effects in real-time, including cross-fade, 3D cube, swinging doors, and cuts.
- Easily add titles and lower thirds to your broadcast, with more than 30 built-in professional broadcast quality title themes. Pick your favorite, enter your text and you're done.
- Chroma key
- Transport your production to a new studio or location using Wirecast's high quality GPU accelerated real-time green screen solution. Replace your (green) background with your own video or still image background.
- Custom Canvas Size
- The custom canvas size feature is helpful when you want to capture and stream non-traditional broadcast resolutions (for example game capture).
- Stream to Multiple Destinations and Bitrates Simultaneously
- Want to stream in both HD and SD to a live streaming service and your own internal streaming server? Set up your project to simultaneously stream to multiple destinations and bitrates with just a few clicks.
- Easy Setup with Leading Streaming Platforms and CDNs
Wirecast offers integrated setup for your streaming services with industry leaders.
DaCast Streaming Services
iNK Barrel Video
Streaming Media Hosting
Note: If your streaming platform/CDN is not in the list ask them to contact Telestream or send a request.
Wowza Media Server
Flash Media Server 4.5
Windows Media Server
QuickTime Streaming Servers
- Stream and/or Save to Disk
- Save your production to disk for future archiving or on-demand distribution, as you are simultaneously live broadcasting your event.
- Virtual Camera and Microphone Output (Mac OS X & Windows)
Wirecast video and audio output can be picked up as a source in other devices or software for example: Skype, Google Hangouts and GotoMeeting (Windows only).
Qualified chats/video conferencing systems:
Skype* - video and audio
Hangouts - video and audio
GoToMeeting - video and audio (Windows only)
Messages - video and audio (Mac only)
FaceTime - video and audio (Mac only)
Compatible with flash-based chat applications, or encoders such as Ustream Broadcaster.
Compatible with any DirectShow compatible capture application such as VLC (Windows only).
Compatible with any 32-bit or 64-bit CoreMedia compatible capture application such as QuickTime Player (Mac only).
Encoders: (Windows only)
Flash Live Media Encoder - Audio & Video - use Wirecast as switcher/compositor for secure RTMP adaptive streaming, Adobe HDS HTTP dynamic streaming.
Expression Encoder - Audio & Video - use Wirecast as switcher/compositor for live secure HTTP smooth streaming.
FFMPEG - use Wirecast as switcher/compositor ro record to disk.
Note: Virtual Camera Out is currently not working with Skype 6.2 on Mac. Skype has acknowledged the issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, use Skype version 6.0 for Mac.
- Broadcast to an External Monitor
- Wirecast's External Display Output option allows users to display their live Wirecast stream on an external monitor. This is perfect for users who need to show their live stream to an in-house audience on monitors, projectors or other display systems. This feature also give you the flexibility to send your video signal through a scan converter to allow output to broadcast workflows.
- Streaming Format and Protocol Support
QuickTime (Mainconcept H.264)
Flash (On2 (VP6) and MainConcept H.264)
Windows Media (Windows only)
MMS (Windows only)