The iDC Z-FFS-FS1 SYSTEM ZERO Standard Follow-Focus for Sony NEX-FS100 is a versatile follow-focus system designed to lend cinema-like focus control. The System's gearless design means that this doesn't require the purchase of dedicated gears to match each lens you use. An adjustable focus wheel attaches to one of four dovetail slots on the sliding focusing plate, which in turn mounts to the dedicated base plate beneath the camera.
The base plate, designed expressly for the NEX-FS100, can use any standard quick-release assembly for mounting onto a rig or tripod (sold separately). It also accommodates iDC's adapted Hoodman loupe or a Zacuto Z-Finder, if you need to use a larger viewfinder for even more precise focus. When not in use, the included focusing wheel can slide away from the lens and lock in place, or the combined base plate/focusing plate/wheel can be removed as one piece (using an Allen wrench) for easy switching between video and stills shooting.
This Standard version works with most wide-angle to short-telephoto lenses.
Note! Canon Cinema Lenses, Zeiss Compact Primes, and Very Long Super-Telephoto lenses are not compatible with our follow focus products. Our geared follow focus products are compatible with Zeiss ZE/ZF and Leica R lenses.
The SYSTEM ZERO is not compatible with many Voigtlaender lenses, including the following: 35mm / F1.2 Nokton; 50 mm / F1.1 Nokton; 75 mm / F1.8 Heliar; 17.5mm/ F0.95 Nokton; 20 mm / F3.5 Color Skopar SL II; 40 mm / F2.0 Ultron SLII. All of these lenses have irregularly shaped focus rings which are not compatible.
- Completely gearless follow-focus is designed for accurate and smooth focus acquisition.
- Accepts multiple LCD loupes including the iDC adapted Hoodman HoodLoupe 3.0, the Zacuto Z-Finder Pro, and the LCDVF and other direct-to-LCD mount-style viewfinders.
- The SYSTEM ZERO Camera Plate accepts the Zacuto Z-Finder Pro (sold separately) when the Z-Finder is equipped with a Zacuto Mounting Frame (sold separately). The iDC Camera Plate replaces the Zacuto Gorilla Plate in this instance.
- Four dovetail slots on the focusing plate provide focus wheel positioning for a wide variety of lenses from wide-angle to short telephoto.
- The sliding focusing plate design allows quick micro-adjustments of the focusing plate for lenses that fall in between the four provided slots.
- The slots' dovetail feature captures the wheel assembly for easy attachment.
- Focusing wheel accepts white graphic tape for making pre-focus marks.
- The focusing wheel port accepts industry standard Arri-style follow-focus whips and cranks.
- The system's included O-Ring is very tough, but if your favorite pet happens to get a hold of one, they're user replaceable.
- A spacer (sold separately) elevates the camera for better access to the included thumbscrew while using tripod and monopod adapter plates (sold separately). It also helps the balance when a nose-heavy camera and lens combination is used. The spacer offers 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting holes for the adapter plates.
- It is machined from high-quality, aircraft-grade aluminum and finished with soft edges for a sleek look and handheld comfort.
- Each camera-specific camera plate offers pin registration for accurate fit.
- The SYSTEM ZERO is designed to be modularly compatible with iDC's SYSTEM ONE products. It can also be mounted to any shoulder rig that attaches by way of a 1/4"-20 fastener or mounted to any adapter plate by way of either a 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 fastener.
- It is compatible with the iDC quick-release U-Boat with or without the SYSTEM ZERO spacer.
- Differences in the build of each dedicated camera plate allow for the correct use of the product. Therefore, a camera-specific plate is the only additional part needed to mount different camera bodies to the iDC SYSTEM ZERO Follow-Focus Kit.